Cabot and a weird voicemail about a studio debt not mine?

j_semple
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1161 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Long time no post folks

hopefully anyone can make sense of this cause I can't! 

I had a voicemail on my mobile earlier listened to it and found out it was Cabot. Funny thing is I changed my mobile number about roughly this time last year so how they got it I do not know for starters.

I called them (foolish I know but I know how to deal with it) asked me to confirm my address. Took me a while but apparently it's a address in Walsall?! Funny thing is I live in Scotland and only visit a certain address in england twice a year (and it's not that alleged address)

Cabot mentioned the company involved (apparently it's studio) I got on to them who confirmed that I "APPARENTLY" live at this address in walsall (which is a load of bull as I clearly do not) and also I did check my credit report and this alleged account is not on there not any mention of this apparent address so erm...............anyone have a clue here?

Don't worry btw I won't be giving them any money for something that I have no knowledge of. Unsettles me though that they got a mobile number that only my contacts (family) have 

A bit odd. 

So you don't know anyone in the Walsall area ?

Have never ordered anything to be delivered to an address in Walsall ?

Remember that DCA's receive spreadsheets with debts on them, so it is quite possible someone has input the information on Cabot's system incorrectly.  They could have mixed someone else up, with a debt in your  name.

Do you have any debt with Cabot ?

At some point, you have entered your mobile number on some database and this has been found. If your phone on a monthly credit plan, I wonder whether the phone provider has processed your data to CRA's.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Never been to walsall don't know anyone over there I mean flown over it probably but never set foot there. Apparently this debt with Cabot only exists today lol was a bit thinking... with the voicemail but they did confirm my name so apparently they have something on me but what though? and if this "account" exists why is it not showing on my credit report?

I swear to god i've looked and looked (got the free one from credit karma and erm transfusion I think)? downloaded a PDF copy of it and absolutely nothing is showing

If nothing is on your credit record, then probably just let it go.  May be an old debt you had with Cabot which is statute barred, so they dont chase for it.  Then someone has added this debt with Studio incorrectly linking it to you, as someone with a Studio debt living in Walsall shares your first name and surname.

If you are hassled by this and receive letters, then make a formal complaint to Cabot.  Send them an SAR to see what they have in their system relating to you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

I guess. I assume they will send letters to that address I never been to ;) IF I get any updates I'll be back in touch I guess. I mean not too bothered about any hassle I know how to deal with it easily. Hopefully be the end of it tomorrow

send cabot an sar.

did they take your current address?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

1 hour ago, dx100uk said:

send cabot an sar.

did they take your current address?

SAR yep OK as I said the voicemail completely surprised me and the fact they got my number which no one knows. Got them by the nuts so I am certain this will be closed off soon enough. They should not have my current address as again as I said I only visit 1 place in england regularly and that won't be happening for a while (hint it's not in walsall) ;) 

• dx100uk changed the title to Cabot and a weird voicemail about a studio debt not mine?

Goodnight vienna ;) Cabot have admitted there's no debt and as nothing is showing on my credit file (which I did email a PDF of them) a phone call from them account closed. Still iffy why they got my number in the first place but as they've admitted nothing is there nothing they can do

Faulty trace attributed to wrong  Jones is more common than people think. the danger is they report it to a CRA and the wrong person's credit file is trashed, and its difficult to set it straight sometimes.

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Glad it is sorted out.

I am a (free) subscriber to all three major credit reference agencies and it is best to check all three at regular intervals as some organisations only report to one.  For example I noticed that an Energy provider is reporting to one but not the other two.