Avon Car Sales - Dubious tactics not to refund for fault in car - court claim issued

As a quick aside, on the subject of the MOT and any suspicions you might have about it, you can use https://www.gov.uk/check-mot-history to check the past MOT history of the vehicle.

That will tell you when the vehicle was last tested and what faults existed at the time of the test. If no faults were recorded in relation to the brakes or driveshaft boots, yet the car has done very few miles since the MOT, you might choose to report the garage responsible for the test via the telephone number at this link.

I would normally expect such a complaint to go nowhere, but having had cause to do this in the past, I can confirm my complaint was taken very seriously indeed, to the extent that a car with known faults was submitted to the garage in question for test.

I gather you don't think the sales garage and the MOT station are connected, but I think there's a suspicion they may be 'friendly' shall we say. You might choose to make their life as awkward for a day.

• Like 1