Hsbc cheques, should I ignore.

Melsbells64
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1146 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I had a credit card in my name while I was married to my ex. When we split up in 2002 he refused to pay any of it, so I stopped paying it. I had a few letters of hoist holdings but never acknowledged them. Since 2002 I have moved 4 times and remarried so my sir name is also different.  Last year I received a cheque from hsbc for £25 I never banked it thinking if I did debt agency would be back in touch. Then in November I received one for £50 I never cashed that either . I received a letter from hsbc asking if I was having problems cashing the cheque. I didn't answer them. Now today I received a cheque for over £500 for charges applied to accounts in collections and recoveries.  And I really don't understand why they would pay me for not paying a debt. Really confused if I shod cash it or will I be opening up an avenue for debt collectors again. Many thanks mell.

Hi

I had a credit card in my name while I was married to my ex.

When we split up in 2002 he refused to pay any of it, so I stopped paying it. I had a few letters of hoist holdings but never acknowledged them.

Since 2002 I have moved 4 times and remarried so my sir name is also different. 

Last year I received a cheque from hsbc for £25 I never banked it thinking if I did debt agency would be back in touch.

Then in November I received one for £50 I never cashed that either . I received a letter from hsbc asking if I was having problems cashing the cheque. I didn't answer them.

Now today I received a cheque for over £500 for charges applied to accounts in collections and recoveries.  

And I really don't understand why they would pay me for not paying a debt.

Really confused if I shod cash it or will I be opening up an avenue for debt collectors again.

Many thanks

mell.

Edited by BankFodder
Restructured in order to make it readable

Cash them in, you're safe, lots of others have received cheques and thought the same as you.

If you haven't paid anything since 2002 then anything you owed them is well and truly time barred and no amount of cashing cheques or taking out full page adverts in the press will ever unbar them.

Cash them and enjoy yourself,

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!