Contacting Barclays Bank UK by e-mail

Annoyed13
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1180 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thanks, Boris.

I want Barclays to stop sending me e-mails which are obviously meant for someone else (I have never had an account with them).

I have repeatedly reported this to their security department but they say they cannot communicate with Barclays to put a stop to this.

They state that their calls centres have long waits.

I found an e-mail for CEO of customer services, but it doesn't work.

Your best route is through the compaints team for non-barclays customers.  The link is here: https://www.barclays.co.uk/help/contact-us/complaints/Non-Barclays-customer/

It has the details for all of their contact methods - no email address though.

Edited by borisbeaver
missed a word

It's unlikely you will be able to stop them – but you should certainly be building up a paper trail of messages to Barclays informing them of their data breach and that they should stop.

Do the emails give you any indication as to who the person is? Is there sufficient information for you to contact that person directly?
Also I think I would contact the ICO

Incidentally, if you manage to reach Barclays about this then the best way to attract their attention is to tell them that this is the beginning of a formal complaint which you are taking to the financial ombudsman service. Tell them that you want a complaint reference number and they have eight weeks to respond before you go to the FOS.

Tell them also that even if they put an end to the emails and address the problem, you still want to go to the FOS and to the ICO although you may be prepared to reconsider if they offer you reasonable compensation for the inconvenience to which you have been put.

I suggest £50. Start the bidding at £75.

Thanks Bankfodder. The e-mails are unmonitored and are obviously running through a mailing list. Barclays security say they can't communicate with Barclays to alert them. I think it is easier to delete the unwanted mails as they come in, rather than get involved with a paper battle.

I managed to find an e-mail address of a reported CEO. I have received a reply from someone speaking on his behalf promising that action would be taken. He is jes.staley@barclays.com

The one who replied is lisa.lines@barclays.com

What action did they promise.

Did they contact you by email or by phone.

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

If they want to communicate by phone, tell them you will only deal with this in writing.

I'd wait just 7 days max for them to come back to you. That's enough time for them to investigate and respond.

Come back here when Lisa replies, or in 7 days, whichever comes sooner .............

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)