Repairing a firewall and the party wall act

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1175 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I need to repair the lead flashing on my side of a firewall on the roof of a Victorian terrace. It will involve hacking off the cement on my side, installing new lead and reapplying cement. Do I have to notify my neighbour under the party wall act before getting this work done? I was under the impression minor work was not notifiable. I would consider this minor work. From the party wall act:

"Some works on a party wall may be so minor that service of notice under the Act would be
generally regarded as not necessary.
Things like:
 drilling into a party wall to fix plugs and screws for ordinary wall units or shelving
 cutting into a party wall to add or replace recessed electric wiring and sockets
 removing old plaster and replastering
may all be too minor to require a notice under the Act."

The neighbour has got wind of what I am doing and has asked for written grantees that I will cover the cost of any impact on his side and is threatening to invoke the party wall act if I don't I don't want to write him a blank cheque as his side of the firewall is probably is as bad a condition as my side.