RBS PPI issues

davyatsea
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1175 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there.

in November, I received a letter from RBS stating that they were looking to pay out an amount of approx £1400 for an old PPI claim, that had not been accepted previously.

They do make reference to making checks first before making the payout.

i heard nothing from them until end of January when they stated that they identified arrears. The processing of this part would take another 28 days. My concern is that this was part of an IVA, which completed in November 2013 after a 6 year IVA and I have seen reports of debts being attached to IVA. However, it is over 7 years since completion, and I believed that any debts would be statute barred, if not written off law the IVA.

I have also since received a separate letter offering payout of £2700 for a separate RBS Loan.

I wonder, how this one will proceed bearing in mind the progress of the previous claim. potentially, we could be receiving up to £4100 in PPI Payouts, but worse case - it could be ALL put towards the old debt.

How should I contact RBS about this? Or should I just let it run its course? As a family, any payout would greatly help for the additional sensory needs of my children.

Also, I acknowledge (off the record) the banks position.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

. I can post screenshot of letter if need be.

Many thanks.

did you get a certificate of competition for the IVA?

if so 

the money is yours. this far down the line

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

So bearing in mind I have certificate of completion, RBS have said in a letter that I have arrears and that the PPI refund has been sent to the Debt Management Operations for processing. I feel I should challenge this, but not quite sure whether it should be by phone (quicker) or letter. What I don’t want to do is take up any statute barred debt, that should have been written off in any case.

Is this still owned by rbs?

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

then they can offset sadly.

SB in England and wales only means can't enforce any court judgement so don't bother going there.

though the 'debt' has to be from the same A/C the PPI refund is from.

and they

Sounds like I’ll need to do some more digging then. If I remember correctly - many years ago I know, there were a chain of loans, and recent letters have come for two different accounts. I think the way I’m heading is clarification - which, if you guys agree, I’ll do in writing.

1 hour ago, davyatsea said:

What I don’t want to do is take up any statute barred debt, that should have been written off in any case.

a ppi payment into a dormant account does not reset sb, its not a payment by you.

and an sb'd debt cannot be unbarred once barred anyway.

and they