Yewtree/James Harrison/Lee Hudson Cars Solihull - sold me a faulty car

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1209 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Could somebody explain to me how it works?

You see the car on eBay
you phone the dealer and express an interest
you reach an agreement to purchase it over the telephone
you agree to have the car delivered
before it is delivered you pay the money – is this correct?

And if this is correct, this means that on the basis of a phone call and eBay advertisement, people are making bank transfers of several thousands of pounds to an unknown person – trusting that the vehicle will be delivered as promised – and trusting that the vehicle is in the condition described in the advertisement and in the telephone assurances which presumably are given by the dealer.

Is that it?

This is correct.. I contacted him via motors . Co   , but I did notice my car was also on ebay   . .. called him .. he gives u the talk cars amazing all as advertised. Told me his wife really likes the car bla bla bla .

I asked him do I pay cash or via bank .. he said I pay into his buisness account and he will then  deliver the vehicle.

I presumed buying a car from a car dealer offered me some form of buyers protection. Your paying into a buisness account its adds to this trust . 

I was in contact with him for a week before  I paid for the car. 

Car was delivered  a day late (we had alot of snow  i understood) 

He turns up in the evening its all very rushed .

He has contacted myself last week offered to put right the car , on the condition  I remove this post. told him  I will edit the post and explain he came good .  I've never once believed him . Gave me a sob story how his family depend on his buisness and this website is ruining his livelihood,  he went on to say my car is loose change to him, he has £20,000 cars compared to my  £4000. 

Hes reading every comment  we post on this website ... 

Exactly the same scenario for me to the word exactly the same spiel delivered at night in a rush...

He needs stopping but ebay how do you contact them no phone number.

Also because we don't hit buy it now or actually go through ebay doing it by bank transfer he knows we can't give bad feedback and we can't touch him or have a leg to stand on this is why he won't let us pay by debit or credit card because then we can get our money back.

I bet he does even have any kids.

We have families the ones he rips off.

It's cost a few hundred pounds to start putting mine right and not finished yet paintwork next.

Plus the value is alot less because he never declared a Cat D 

• Like 1

Well although it probably won't do much good – I would certainly suggest that people start reporting him to the police and get a crime reference number.

Especially if you have been sold a vehicle which is a Cat D when it's not – and also with no papers – and no papers arriving, it certainly seems to me that there is a basis for suspecting offences of dishonesty/deception.

I think that if you had a crime reference number then you could start pestering eBay – but unfortunately that may simply make it difficult for him to trade – but it won't provide a remedy for you.

On the other hand, maybe if enough people start pestering the police, maybe they might eventually decide to take some action.

I agree that he is monitoring the thread and the others. I wouldn't let that bother you. As long as we are all honest and straight dealing about what we say

I did the same as everyone else when I bought it but mine was delivered by a company. Unfortunately I did not take note of the name of the delivery company as that would have helped. If the money we've paid is nothing to him he should pay us all back. I was given a crime reference number by action fraud so I am going to chase them up tomorrow.  

The man that delivered mine was an overweight middle aged white man. Which is not what the seller sounds like.  He tried to get me to pay for delivery which I had already paid for. He contacted his office and was told to carry on delivering it. He wasn't in a rush and was surprised I had bought it from Birmingham. 

thats us!!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...