PPI, Allay claims company and finance ombudsman

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 740 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I initially pursued ppi via one of those companies that advertised their services.

Santander came back to say claim not valid and copied to the claims company.

Santander said I could take this to ombudsman but needed to do so within 6 months of date of rejection from Santander.

I heard nothing from the claims company in nearly 6 months

I then pursued via the finance ombudsman who judged in my favour. 

My question is

can the claims company take a percentage of any money I may get back as a consequence of me pursuing Santander via ombudsman?

The claims company did not challenge the decision by Santander nor contact me to arrange a challenge via ombudsman, and I nearly lost out with the 6 month deadline.

I suppose they might try but I would say that you have got a very good case against them.

Have they suddenly pop their heads out demanding a share?

What's the name of the claims company?

Also, maybe you better give us some dates as to when this all happened

was this only ppi claim you went to the fleecing CMC with?

and did you sign a letter of authority for them to act upon your behalf?

who did you sign up with and by what method?

looks like you might lose up to 40% of your winnings for one simple letter you could of sent for free yourself if you did sign anything...

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I agree that there could be a risk of losing the percentage to them – but on the other hand, they stop communicating with you and eventually you had to go and do it yourself to the ombudsman. It sounds to me as if they were fundamentally in breach of contract. Clearly they had to employ best efforts and they were unable to do that and you managed it yourself.

I think if you get any trouble, you should let us help you to defend your position.

What's the value anyway? How much are we talking about?

• 1 year later...

I have been contacted recently by a PPI company Allay who were successful in a couple of ppi claims with RBS and Santander.

They emailed me to say that: 

A recent Supreme Court ruling Plevin means that many people in the UK are owed additional PPI compensation

They go on to request I give them permission to engage with a company called Legal UK Services to check and then pursue any claim.

Does anyone know what they are referring to and is there any substance to this?

If so can I do this easily myself?

Are there any risks either way?

thank you for any assistance.

• dx100uk changed the title to PPI, Allay claims company and finance ombudsman

for history ive merged your old thread.

if you won a PPI premiums reclaim, you cant get plevin, which is the refund of the commission the finance company got from the PPI insurance underwriters for selling their product.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

6 hours ago, Celfrog said:

I have been contacted recently by a PPI company Allay who were successful in a couple of ppi claims with RBS and Santander.

They emailed me to say that: 

A recent Supreme Court ruling Plevin means that many people in the UK are owed additional PPI compensation

They go on to request I give them permission to engage with a company called Legal UK Services to check and then pursue any claim.

Does anyone know what they are referring to and is there any substance to this?

If so can I do this easily myself?

Are there any risks either way?

thank you for any assistance.

Don't get involved with Allay or anyone they recommend. According to the Financial Ombudsman's own data, they are by far the most complained of Claims Management Company. They were actually banned from advertising anywhere on the internet by FCA.

Use them at your peril.

In any event and as already pointed out, if you have already won a PPI mis-selling complaint with a lender you are precluded from making a Plevin complaint. For them to claim that ''many people in the UK are owed additional compensation'' is at best misleading and at worst completely untrue.