New sim sent but never received.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1175 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

last year I had Vodafone pay as you go. And I wanted to switch to VOXI. 

i call up and the guy says you need a new SIM card and when you get it put it in your phone and call us to get you on voxi.

no sim arrives I think it’s been xed.

Then I get a bill for four month line rental.

I call up and even though I never got the sim and it was never activated.

I have to pay £240 early termination fee plus back line rental. 

is there a contract if the sim is not received and is never connected to the network, just to be clear this is a sim only thing. No new phone.

any help please?

thanks

Maybe you could tell us what VOXI is and also what xed is.

Did you know them at all to the fact that you hadn't received the Sim card?

Also, you should send them on SAR.

Sorry. Xcd short for cancelled and VOXI is a Vodafone subscription that was only available to students.

I was paying £10 per month on pay as you go for less data and text.

VOXI was offering 12gb plus unlimited talk and text for the same price.

I originally called to get a VOXI sim.

I asked if I needed to order a new sim then get it set up on VOXI then cancel my PAYG account and transfer my old PAYG phone number to the new VOXI sim card.

At first he said I’d need a new site and that it would be 24 months contract but that I could then transfer the account to the VOXI service, owned by Vodafone.

However, after he ordered the sim he said that actually I could just transfer the PAYG sim straight to VOXI and keep my old number.

I said that would be great.

I assumed that there would be no new sim since it was clear that I didn’t need it now.

But he didn’t cancel the new sim.

They say they posted it bu I never got it.

I assumed that it was all ok.

I wasn’t expecting the new sim and no new sim arrived.

I was happy. 

then about two months ago I got a bill.

I tried the online chat to resolve it.

I was on for hours being passed from person to person. 

like I said I have a brain injury and when I get stressed or tired I can think.

However, they eventually transferred me to someone who could help and he dropped the chat as soon as I said hello.

Faced with the prospect of starting again I decided to wait. But of course I have short term memory problems and forgot all about it till today.

today I phoned and it was the same run around. After 2.5Hrs I was advised by a really nice lady to call customer complaints as they have the ability to cancel the account if they want to.

I was told to wait a while to make sure that all the notes on my account were upto date.

I came on here to see if I can get any advice/help before I call customer complaints. And now to you.

Thanks for reading my post and responding.

I’m sorry it was not clear

. I am getting tired now and I make mistakes when I’m tired.  

I did repeatedly tell them I didn’t get the sim and they offered to send a replacement one free of charge. But not to cancel the account.

They cant charge cancellation fees anyway.

Our expert we have will pick this up soon.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks. It's still rather difficult to understand.

You had a pay as you go Sim card with Vodafone
they offered you a different deal VOXI which you accepted and you were told that it would need a different Sim card.
You are told that the new account would keep the same original number
They said that they were sending you the Sim card – but it never arrived
meanwhile you kept on using your original pay-as-you-go account with your original number
you then discovered that although you weren't paying for the new Sim card, they were billing you for it

so in effect the situation is that you have been paying for a pay-as-you-go Sim card and in parallel with that, Vodafone say that you have been committed to a contract for a second account VOXI – in addition to the pay as you go account.
Is this all correct?

Does the VOXI account have a different phone number?

Just to add a question –

Also this you are paying your pay-as-you-go Sim card fees – correct?

• 1 month later...

Hi, I’m sorry I haven’t replied sooner and that I wasn’t clearer.

The situation is this. 
I had a pay as you go sim and wanted to change to a VOXI pay monthly account.

the guy on the phone said I’d need a new sim that would be a standard pay monthly sim.

He told me that once I got the sim then I could call and have it put on a VOXI account. I agreed but at some point in the,l ong conversation after he ordered the new sim he said that in-fact I didn’t need a new sim and could just change my pay as you go sim into a VOXI sim.

so he did that.

I assumed that that was the end of the matter.

I had done what I set out to do. And didn’t think about the ‘new’ sim because it was not needed. I assumed he had cancelled it because it was not needed.

then in January I get a letter saying I was behind on my phone bill. I called them and that’s when I found out the ‘new’ sim had been ordered but never arrived .

I understand that you may have suffered an injury and that you have memory problems. Obviously is not a good situation.

However, you have to engage with this thread closely if you want to make headway. It is difficult for us to take an interest and then find that there is no contact for two months and then we have to start again refreshing our memories and being enthusiastic about supporting you.
If your lack of contact is because of a memory problem then I think that you probably should make a note on a Post-it or something and put it in a prominent place so that you can remember to get back to us.
It is very important for you – because you can be certain that the one people won't forget are Vodafone and eventually their debt collectors who will start to put pressure on you and start to make your life very uncomfortable indeed.

I see that back in January I advise you to send Vodafone an SAR. Have you done this? It is an essential step.

Also, as a matter of interest are you still with Vodafone? I'm afraid Vodafone are a very troublesome company. They are very inefficient – the only thing they seem to be really good about is about debt collection. There are extremely poor at dealing with problems when things go wrong.

The one company we haven't had any complaints about so far is GifFGaff and they offer month by month no contract Sim cards. In effect they sent Sim cards out like confetti and no contract is ever started until the Sim card is actually activated in a telephone. This means that there can be no mistake and no commitment until you have actually made the choice to open your phone, put the card in and then to switch on the service. Even then, you are only bound for a month and then another month and then another month and another month – but you choose.

As I say, we've had no complaints here.

Have you sent Vodafone the SAR?