Anyone got any experience of civil claims? one is for personal possessions (not housing) and one is for money

gwebstech
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1240 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

Im in the position of having to seek legal advice to take my stepson to court for 2 things. One if for £7000 they still owe me and the other is to reclaim some personal possessions that i borrowed him several years ago (these things have enormous sentimental value to me)

Ive done nothing but go out of my way to help him and his girlfriend get on the property ladder by borrowing them the deposit for. house, and because she dint want to pay any interest on a loan (to pay me back) im still owed the money above after a couple fo years of asking for it.

Because we fell out over that i have since asked for my possessions back and he is refusing to even read my messages now so i have no choice but to take legal action to recover whats mine. I posted on socla media a few years ago that i had borrowed him my things, but thats the only proof ive got of that. I have several saved messages about the money owed where he says he will get a loan but he hasnt.

Ive seen the fees for issuing claims and although they are a lot i dont care, because im so angry about this.

Anyone got any advice? im trying to get in to see a solicitor as soon as i can

thanks