Cancelled AirPods delivered

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1225 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

On the 24th November we made an online purchase with Curry’s for Apple AirPods. The order went through successfully and received email confirmation. 

A day later an email from Royal Mail updating about the delivery. When the due date arrived there were no delivery so we waited for couple of days before ringing Curry’s. 

Curry’s at that time cancelled and refunded the amount and we then purchased the same item from the store.

A week later surprisingly the original order reappeared and mistakenly my wife accepted the order. Unknowingly I was under the impression that I was using the new AirPods not realising it was my wife’s 2nd order from store. 

I called Curry’s and explained that the cancelled order has been delivered and if they could put the item on a buy now pay later scheme. Curry’s policy is that the items have to returned and new order has to be generated for BPL scheme.

They  went ahead and arranged a collection with DPD but then I called back customer service if they could allow as it would mean more hassle and loss of time. The second advisor decided to cancel the collection of  AirPods because it had been used and any apple wearables is non returnable. So the collection was cancelled and call ended.

The same day my wife informs me that the AirPods I’ve been using was the one from the store and not the cancelled item. By this time I felt so embarrassed, so I decided to call customer service back again and explain the whole situation and confusion made by me. I told curry’s I have the cancelled items in my possession new sealed and ready for collection. It’s been 2 weeks I have not heard from them, no email or charge for the item on my account. 

What should I do ? 

I'm struggling to make sense of your story but what I do gather is that you have a set of Airpods which were delivered accidentally and for which you have not paid.

You have tried to contact Currys about this and they are in a mess and you haven't heard anything from them.

I don't understand if you want to keep them or if you are trying to return them.

Anyway, so long as you haven't paid for them then the issue is really for Currys as long as you act in a straight dealing way.

I would suggest that you write to Currys and put them on notice that you have a set of Airpods which have been delivered accidentally and as such they are unsolicited goods. Tell them that you will keep them for six months and if they will not make arrangements to collect them then you consider that they have abandoned them and you will dispose of them as you wish.

At the same time, keep an eye on your credit card or debit card statements. Let us know if they take any money.

As I said, I don't fully understand the situation – but does the reply above deal with your question?