CDER not giving me correct amount owing on CT.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1264 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I owe Islington Council for Council Tax. I had been paying Islington council directly then I was made redundant in May, I lowered the amount I am paying but am still paying.

I owe the tax due to a mental breakdown.

I am okay now and am trying to sort out all the mess I got into.

I was paid a bailiff visit sometime last year, I was in no fit state to talk to them and just remember being really scared. 

I heard nothing else from the bailiffs, but started paying the council tax directly to the council.

CDER paid a visit last month and since then I have been trying to sort out what I owe with them. (I was out, my dad spoke to them).

There were no details on the notice of enforcement, just the amount and that it was for council tax.

There were no additional details on the letter left by the agent either.

I emailed CDER and requested details.

They have sent me details of the debt,

the problems are :

1.The date I moved out is wrong. I moved out on the 28th February, they say I owe tax to the 27 March, so an extra month.

2. I know I wrote to the council because my dad made me sit down and write to them and all the utilities.

I was so unwell he took charge.

3.Only £35 of the payments I have made have been recorded, I have paid £245.

4.Their statement has 2 lots of £75 on it, one for last year and one for this year for notice of enforcement.

I never received a letter before the visit last year and I have been asking for a copy of the letter/proof of postage since the visit.

I have also been charged for the visits twice, once this year and once last year. so a total of £620 in fees.

I received an email from CDER today referring me back to the statement they sent me with £35 payments on it and said we have these payments.

They are refusing to check with the council what payments they have received.

I know their statements are wrong because it says I paid by cheque once, I don't even own a chequebook., and I have a standing order paying on the same day every month.

Their answer to my request for a copy of the letter or the proof of posting of the first notice of enforcement was that "In addition to the above, there is no legal requirement to send such correspondence by ‘Registered’ or ‘Recorded’ delivery and all documents would have been sent via 1st class post using the Royal Mail to the address held on record."

Can they charge twice for the same debt?

it was a different company who came last time I think they were called Phoenix.

I have been trying to phone the council about the wrong dates but I keep getting told to speak to CDER, and CDER keep telling me to speak to the council.

I am on universal credit at the moment and can't afford to pay the whole sum.

I  am happy to arrange a payment plan, but surely I should have the right amount I owe?

Or should I just transfer the standing order to CDER while I try to sort this all out?

I don't think CDER are going to accept my payment plan as I don't have lots of money.

If possible could someone help with what I should do next?

the council should not be simply fwding you back to jbw, sorry CDER.

if its the same LO then no there should not be two NOE's or visit fees for the same debt i don't believe.

is this debt all one liability order or multiple ones from previous CTAX debt to this years bill?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

are you sure of this, have you concrete proof of this from islington?

of there is only one LO ?

just because they have used 2 bailiff co's at 2 different addresses, i'm sure you can't be charged TWO NOE fees, nor TWO Visit fees for the same LO.

the council ARE responsible for the actions of the Bailiffs they employ..stop getting fobbed off!!

Home - CDER Group

www.cdergroup.co.uk

Announcing the launch of CDER Group, the new name for JBW Group, Phoenix Commercial Collections & Collect Services JBW Group has today announced that Phoenix, JBW and Collect Services have merged together to form a single company, CDER…

they only recently all merged together..

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...