Hoist/Rway - Very old barclaycard debt - offered 90% off to settle

yellniah
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1259 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I just got a letter from a debt collector about a debt I am sure I talked about on this site about a decade ago! (could not find my old username or pass)

The letter is offering me the opportunity to pay 10% of the outstanding amount, which amounts to just below £100 and even offering me instalments -  I am certain that it has been longer than 6 years since I acknowledged this debt (I was trying to get some action with regards to charges in about 2012 and they

started ignoring my letters.)

So,

a) could this be some kind of trick to get me to acknowledge the debt...and then get the full amount* out of me?

b)Is there anything actually in it for me to pay this amount? (£100 isn't a trivial amount, but it is affordable now - but my credit score does not seem to be affected by this too much, I have two other credit cards that have been issued to me in the last few years). It does say my credit file will be updated to say "partially satisfied".

*The full amount would contain fees that I was fighting to reclaim, and what got me into the position in the first place - I had no objection to paying what was owed, this whole thing started with pernicious charges.

name names , type of credit etc and have you moved since you took this out?

and latterly failed to either inform the original creditor nor the debt buyer of your new address?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

The company is called Robinson Way, it was a Barclaycard credit card.

I  moved about 12 months after Barclaycard stopped replying to my letters (re the charges, 2013) - so I did not tell them about my moving,

at the time of the original debt I was living back with my folks; so this most recent letter was sent to there, and my folks forwarded it to me - and likewise, if they had sent me anything in the interim it would have been forwarded to me.

• dx100uk changed the title to Hoist/Rway - Very old barclaycard debt - offered 90% off to settle

if its Statute Barred and no CCJ on it the SB letter to Robber's Way the partially Satisfied ?  would they potentially be resurrecting something that has fallen off the Credit Files DX would paying it do that?  Deffo check your credit files to see if anything lurking

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

once sb'd always sb'd.

if he paid, it would be fre money for robbersways xmas party drinks bill.

it's quite usual for most dca's to send out 1000's of like letters this time of year.

go ring BC and ask your last payment date if you are not 1000% sure this IS statute Barred.

if you are , the send them our SB letter from the debt collection section of our library.

as you cant remember anything regarding your old log-in, it's a shame we can't see the old info we gave.

however, along with this debt, you really should not be ever moving without in WRITING informing debt owners of you new address

you run a serious risk of a backdoor CCJ. this mostly applies to debt yo last used/paid within say the last 7yrs.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...