Rail fare evasion fraudster gave my name and address

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1243 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This is a very complicated case and i'm sorry I can't add anything useful towards your case , but the best people on this forum  are here to help you get it sorted. 

I have a gut feeling that someone might of got your details from 192.com,  You can actually pay a one off fee  and in return get  a list of all the people living at a specific  address with full names and ages. As long as you know someone dob, & address that all you need to get away . 

That's an interesting suggestion. Maybe @Slimspider could try 192 and see whether her family's details might be available using that system.

It would certainly provide an alternative explanation – although I don't think it will have much relevance to trying to sort out the immediate problem although of course if the mystery woman is not known to the family, it might make it more difficult to discover her identity and put an end to it happening again in future

It is a little while since I have responded to matters of this nature on here, but I have been asked to take a look at this to see if there is anything that can be done to expedite a successful outcome for the OP in resolving this

One thing that strikes me immediately from a quick read through of the thread is that there is some very real misunderstandings in some of the suggestions made by some people who I realise are well meaning posters.

Until my retirement, my working life was as Prosecution Manager for multiple TOCs, these matters are not BTP cases, but I do realise that many who do not actually work in this field will not know that fact. It is often this confusion that makes it much more difficult to resolve matters promptly

Furthermore, talk of seeking compensation from the TOCs is extremely premature and the first thing that needs to be done is to recognise that offenders will have spoken to, usually a brief interview conducted in accordance with the Police & Criminal Evidence Act (1984)

if the criminal offence of fare evasion is suspected by a trained inspector, or they may have been reported for a failure to produce a valid ticket to a Guard or Conductor resulting in an allegation of breach of Byelaw. These are two different offences, charged under different legislations and may be dealt with by the Courts in differing ways

I will read through the thread in more detail and respond again when I've assessed whether or not there is any more meaningful help that I can offer straight away

In the meantime, to the OP, please make sure that the Court are asked to re-open the conviction in your name, that a date is set for re-hearing and that you contact the train operating company concerned, NOT the BTP.

It is the TOC who will have brought the prosecution, BTP generally ONLY get involved in fares matters where there is another charge such as public order offences or major theft involving large sums.

To the OP, please feel free to PM me if you wish to provide more details that might help me to find you a quicker resolution IF that is possible at this stage.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

What's the latest on this, please?

Just to add for the benefit of anyone who reads this thread (I'm aware the OP may not return), the above is one of the reasons why everyone on the electoral roll should opt out of being on the open part of the register.  Easy enough to check when you renew your registration or just ask your local council.

(Although I think the perpetrator here is more likely to be someone known to the OP who holds some sort of grudge or perceives some slight on the OP's part - or one of the other victims)

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...