Solidworks/CJCH - copyright threat germany

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1242 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good

they will

there aren't any cases

Dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

not that we've ever found 

and you aren't in this country anyway!

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I have received second letter today with giving warning for legal action if not replied before 15th .. 

Can anyone suggest what to do ? @cmas@dx100uk.

I am not sure to what extent they have details available and they have kept ansys guys in CC as well ..

My company is in India and i used it on IP address of Germany ..i am not sure what they can do ... @cmas ..

But this looks like they are a bit serious about it now ..even my company do not have enough revenues to pay them for license ..

Does anyone know in case if I got for settlement how they usually negotiate ..if you don't have money to pay for it what they can do ?

I am worried now which direction to go next ..Screenshot_20201209-001407__01__01-converted.pdf

Yea the second demand letter with deadline and threat of legal action is the typical protocol. 

Ignore is still probably what you want to do.

But, you should find out what legal data base your country uses to see how many lawsuits they file. 

Dassault systems business model is probably just to intimidate you into paying a settlement with out any expensive legal action.

But some company's can be very litigious and file many suits. Its best to know thy enemy and see how many cases the dates of each case the evidence presented and the result in each case. The profile of the defendant is a consideration as well. Deepening on the size of your business etc.

CJCH is license in the UK, can they even litigate in germany?

if u have no money, u have nothing to worry about, they cant sue you for what you dont have.

If you reply to them you acknowledge that you might have enough money that you need to protect.

if they cant verify your company has any money they wont bother filing suit. 

Did they send letter to Germany address?

• Like 1

it's a begging letter read it PROPERLY

doesn't say WILL anything

stuff and all anyone can do to you..

• Like 1

and they

go stop panicking will you

there is stuff and all anyone can do..

this is getting boring  AM..

• Like 1

and they

had to hide that CMAS

its US of A nothing to do with the OP's problem

please read our rules.

and they

Ashmess,

keep calm!

I'm from Germany and I also got E-Mails from these solicitors and was in panic, too. They (also their "customer") tried to call me, too... I contacted my solicitor for this case and had no direct contact with the opposite side (no E-Mails, no phone calls).

My solicitor said that E-Mails aren't worth anything, but he began to contact the opposite side with denying the accusation of using pirated software. At the end they showed their recordings (list with my MAC-Address, type and version of software, usage time) and my solicitor was denying that again.

Finally they threatened with additional legal steps if my solicitor will not call them within a deadline of some days. My solicitor did not call them and said to me, that they can write what they have to say...

We've not heard anything since 3 months. My solicitor said, that their proceed is absolutely unprofessional (E-Mails, force the opposite to call them,...). All this was before I found this forum. At the end I had to pay some hundred bucks to my solicitor for nothing. I think it would be smarter to not answer these guys... also cheaper ;-).

What I researched:

A logged MAC-Address is worthless, because no MAC-Address is logged by your ISP. They would have your PC physically in front of them to prove any legal or illegal usage of software. This step is in the meantime easier to realize in Germany, because if they have any solid suspicion a judge can order a house search/confiscation of your PC. All your ISP can do is to deliver connection logs with your IP-Addresses.

So if ANSYS logged your IP-Address they have to hurry, because logfiles of your ISP are available only for a defined period. This period depends on your ISP - in my case my ISP is logging it for only 5 days. Deinstallation of ANSYS will not be "clean" enough, my recommendation is to set up a fresh OS. A good consideration for scared rabbits is to remove every piece of hardware with a MAC-Address buy new pieces of hardware, so a confiscation of the PC will show no traces... Very scared rabbits are exchanging their hard disk, too ;-).