Car insurance excess - no fault claim

lexii
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1325 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

we were involved in an accident early in September, rear ended by white van man, as it was a no fault claim, our insurance company organised a hire car for us whilst ours was being repaired,  

the day before the hire car was due to go back we parked in a council car park whilst we nipped into town,

came back to it and someone had hit the side of it, driven off and not left a note,

husband informed the insurance company for the hire car and when it was collected last week the person who collected it duly noted it was a ‘scuff and would polish out’

Today we’ve noticed £1200 has been added on to our credit card from the hire company,

we have phoned the hire company who have confirmed we have a 0 excess as it was through our insurance as it was a no fault claim,

however the individual branch have said that my husband signed the contract for the hire which clearly stated a £1500 excess.

Yes I’m angry at him for not reading the paperwork clearly but is there anything we can do?

It’s incredibly unfair that all from an accident that wasn’t our fault

we were given a hire car with a massive excess that we weren’t aware of and husband states he was not made aware of it although I’ve yelled at him about reading the small print, (and the insurance company have stated 3 times there is no excess on it) 

we would have refused to have accepted the hire car with such an enormous excess.

We’ve spoken to out insurance company tonight who have said its out of order but we have to speak to the claims line which is now shut

I just cant understand how when the hire company’s insurance have said there is a 0 excess on it, we have still been charged

any advice?

have you a copy the signed £1500 excess contract?

if so, raise a dispute for the £1200 charge to your card provider under section 75 of the consumer credit Act.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...