Vodafone - Lost SIM - requested replacement but never received.

salimnina
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1150 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My account is up to date with payment, except the one with the SIM I have not received, there is one month outstanding when I called them last week.

"Vodafone would look to offer the customer the following resolution:

• For a new SIM card to be sent to the customer. •

To apply £60 correctional credit to the customer’s overdue balance.

• £200 as a gesture of goodwill to be applied to the customer’s account.

• A written letter of apology"

I think you need to check your credit file and am afraid I think you probably need to resume payments simply to keep things calm. Presumably you have sent off the SAR already

• dx100uk changed the title to Vodafone - Lost SIM - requested replacement but never received.

They are restricting the use of the other number, claiming that I am not paying for the lost SIM one.

When I asked them how they are working out my bill, they could not tell me, they said it's one account two number and I need to pay £ regardless.

I asked them to separate the numbers, because they are the one who merged them, they declined, arguing it;s the same person, they have to merged them an I cannot reverse the process.

I just want to know if I leave them what is their course of action when they pass this to a debt collecting agency ? Are they going to take me to court ? Are they going to send a bailiff?

I had enough of them, and I just want to switch company.

They won't go to court. – Or at least – most unlikely to.

You won't get any enforcement visits without them having obtained a court order first of all and to do that they would have to go to court.

You can certainly stop paying but be prepared for a lot of nasty letters and also your credit file smashed. Also you will lose your existing numbers – but if you want then go ahead and get accounts with someone else. I would suggest Giffgaff which operates on a month by month basis and you can change your contract each month to suit your needs.

I don't think we have had anybody with any complaints about them.

In terms of dealing with Vodafone – even if you leave them, I think that you should chase it. Have you sent the SAR?

It does seem to me that if we can get the information and establish your position, then you could get things sorted out and a reasonable sum in compensation – even if you do go elsewhere

Thank you, what is the benefit of SAR, this is just information, how beneficial this can be.

Compensation ? who else can I approach for this, I believe CEDR are the only one around.

Can I request PACode and leave? or are they going to stop me from getting it.

You still haven't sent the SAR? If you come here for advice then please take the advice because it's in your best interests. You need as much information as possible and on SAR costs you nothing.

If you won't follow the advice we give then it becomes very difficult to help you.

And how beneficial can it be? – You don't know until you see it. There may be nothing in it – but on the other hand they may be some very essential piece of knowledge that you can use as a key to unlocking this whole mess.