sally v NatWest ***WON***

sallysas
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5939 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well this is a very convivial thread now. I did a lovely home-made spaghetti with tomato based sauce for tea and added in some feta cheese that was on offer in Saisburys. Georgeous. The english wine is definately worth chasing up. One thing I miss is not buying a case of wine from the Sunday Times wine club (which at £5 a bottle is not pricey).

Shame about your sister-in-law being so bolshy. We can't all be good with money though and the banks certainly don't help. This is what we are here for, natural justice and what is rightfully ours. Anyway back to business.

The AQ has arrived today and I must return it by 5 April. I have decided to use 'New Strategy for Allocation Questionaire' which is quite a hefty thread now. (30 pages is too much in one evening, BUT have you seen, my dears, the one about spreadsheets with interest? I just delete them as they arrive in my e-mail mostly now. Life is too short.............. But tell me, has anyone else had a paper in with the AQ called ' Court Mediation Services at Birmingham Civil Justice Centre?'

If I tick "no I do not want to try the mediation service and understand that I may face a costs sanction if the District Judge finds my refusal unreasonable. My reasons for refusing to mediate are:

Note: You may be required to attend court to explain a refusal.

Is this a way for the courts to release some time currently being clogged up by the banks. Seems a bit harsh on us or is it a blessing in disguise? Any thoughts shared gratefully received. Good job I've got half a day's leave tomorrow to read up. Night, night, Sally

sallysas,

I think the courts are really snowed under with these claims. The banks will have to pay the daily rate of interest up to settlement. I agree that it seems a bit harsh on us, but lets face it 2years ago none of us would have realised these charges were unlawful. So better late than never. ;)

A person is only as big as the dream they dare to live.

Good things come to he who waits

Its your money taken unlawfully from your account and you have a legal right to claim it back.

• 2 weeks later...

I feel all deflated but calm. Printer has run out of ink OH BUM so I will have to pay shop prices for a replacement. Going to a computer fair is SOooooo much cheaper. That'll larn me. Going for new way to fill out AQ so submitting Draft Order for direction with my N149. Feeling positive about this intervention form. Not difficult to fill in and if it helps get a result sooner then so be it. I needed a new WTC/CTC form (current one more than one month old so courts will not accept it). Lovely girl at IR said she could not put new one in the post as the information was still the same, but, if I could say there had been one small change in anything, that would warrant sending a new form out. So I added my eldest's mobile number to my details and that was enough!!! Maybe next time I can give them my mobile number and time after that insist they address all correspondance to my FULL name.

I am waiting for data from other banks/companies and it is getting on my nerves. If I could summon up the energy I would probably discover I can submit an N1 against Barclaycard. Oh stop wingeing woman and just get on with it. Only one more day to go and I have a week off work. I really must jump on the bike and go somewhere for the day. I usually take part in a motorbike rally called 'Round Britain Rally' which takes place over 7 months and involves visiting different landmarks round Britain and taking a photo of it. Great fun doing the reasearch and getting out for the day and there are awards given out overy year at the annuyal dinner. All historical sites too so it is a kind of history lesson at the same time. How is everyone else? Happy I hope and just enjoying the experience. Will update soon, Sally

Hey Sally - my claim's going a little bit easier than your's so far! (But then again........ am only at prelime stage!) I certainly haven't got a 'round britain rally' to look forward to...........sounds brilliant !!!! Good luck with the claim - hedgey xxxx :p

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

I think I will add this to section G of my AQ.

I believe my case will last no longer than one hour. Please find attached to section G a draft order containing proposed directions for the courts due consideration as an alternative to mediation at the courts discretion.

I will be taking this along on Thursday. Will I have to provide proof of remission again as this was granted when I filed at court can anyone tell me.

Thanks for the encouragement hedgey. Good luck to you too, Sally

Will jump on the bike soon!!!!!!!!

Go for it sally, you're gonna be fine honey!!! And just think, once you've got your money back........... you can go on as many 'round britain rally's' as you fancy!!!! Fingers crossed for you, hedgey xxx ;)

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

Thanks Michael, I was wondering about that. As you have said nothing about my addition to part G I can assume my language and insert are fine. This is now a two prongued attack against Cobbitts then. If the mediation dosn't spur them on the draft orders will. It's my birthday the end of the month so a win would be a lovely early present. Solvency here I come, step by step.

I will also be sending a copy off to Cobbitts with a short letter stating this is for their information.

As one of cats had kittens almost 2 weeks ago we are staying at home enjoying the weather. Going to put lots of horse manure on the garden. Reading Monty Don in Gardeners World last month he recommends just putting thr manure on top of the soil and letting the worms do the work as gardeners digging it in adds to global warming. This will also smother the weeds for good measure. Have a good easter everyone

Well I could just spit!!! I rang the law courts today just querying when I have to pay the mediation fee, told woman the other end of the 'phone I had to file as today is the last day and she never told me they were closing at 12:00. I arrived at 12:15. Is it worthwhile me going back on Tuesday and playing my face/pleading, due to not being given correct information on 'phone. The best of it is I rfeceived a revised offer from natwest in the post but for £100 less than last time.

Any comments appreciated. Sally

Bump - anyone? (sorry - not got a clue with the court thingy!!)

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

So If I take a ride into town on Saturday presumably with my latest WTC award letter and a filled-in remission form with a letter saying how disappointed I was not to be informed that they closed at 12:00 I might get away with it. Luckerly I go back to work on Thursday. Thank you SO MUCH Michael. I bet this is the one holiday in the year they close early. I will 'phone on Tuesday as well.

Mr Browne I could kiss you. Went along today, explained what had happened last Thursday and "oh, that's all right" says the clerk. I would have assumed that court deadlines are inforced fairly vigorously against individuals but it appears I would be wrong..... Now if I'd left it a fortnight that would be a different matter. Did I say its my birthday on 30th? Am I likely to get a result by then. Better let Cobitts know I have returned AQ I suppose. Anyway thanks again Michael, Sally

Gary H has just posted in general section under 'new - after 28 days no aq' that mediation is not a new thing and he has always recommended to people in the past not to agree to this as we have tried reaching a settlement before going to court. They use it to delay settling and it will cost me money. Oh bum or words to that effect. A little knowledge is indeed dangerous in my case. Well, I suppose I shall have to suck it and see (sigh). The posts are 205-7 should anyone want to take a look.

good thread sally

I've just finished reworking my NatWest accounts for unauthorised compound interest, looking forward to sticking them in

you seem to be doing bloody well, you ain;t dumb, one of their attempts to mess you around stuck is all, all good experience, if I do half as well as you with my first one I'll be very happy indeed

keep it up, he who laughs last and all that

Thanks for the encouragement. Yeah, maybe just a hiccup. Onwards and upwards. Going away camping this weekend to Slimbridge with 2 of my offspring. 1st outing for motorbike/sidecar this year and the weather forecast is good, people, 24 degrees with cloud cover at night so we won't get cold. Will I get withdrawal symptoms being away for 48 hours. Hope you can all manage without me, he he.

Good luck with your contractual claim Micky, Sally

thanks sally

I'm rather going in bull headed and without caution, compound unauthorised on everything and demanding statements to the year dot from everyone

see what happens thereafter

enjoy the trip, you must be real close to a result judging from previous threads like this

you can drag me along once you're a seasoned veteran

I started a thread called 'mediation - a bad idea' in the general section and one of the moderators, Gizmo posted a smashing letter about which I will be posting tomorrow. Feel like a weight has been lifted and I will be back on track. Woopppeeeeee:rolleyes: