Link and Halifax Loan + sep Halifax OD

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1372 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Yes they show it was refused doesn’t it? I’m thinking did I apply on my own and it was refused and then maybe put my husbands earnings on, I just can’t remember. The first loan I don’t remember how I took it out but there’s nothing of it in the sars. No one advised me to consolidate 

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thinking back 2016 was when I realised we had too much debt and were in trouble I suggested and looked into a DMP but my husband said try the loan, two years down the line we have to go for the DMP.

i shouldn’t have taken but Halifax really shouldn’t have sold me a load to pay off a loan if there’s and get more interest off me, it was bound to go one way. How are they allowed to do this. I’ve been through my sars about 5 times and once already today, it’s about 5 inches thick. I need to look in the bank statement part of when Halifax put the 19k in my bank and how much I paid straight back to them on their original loan. 

I’ll look again for the 2016 loan but sure there was nothing 

So why did you do it?

you tried for several years to merge your debts and eventually succeeded.

that cost you dearly as you paid extra interest to settle any other credit you had , as i bet you didn't get any settlement offers just paid them all off blindly.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

No of course I didn’t and that’s why I ended up in 48k of debt, a lot of it interest and lining these companies pockets.

3 years on I have repaid now 35k and I am trying to do everything I can to claw back on my mistakes.

I also don’t want companies to be allowed to do this so they need to be argued against.

I am a different person now and know a lot more than I did then from reading and forums such as this.

The past is the past and I want to carry on moving forward.

Yes I shouldn’t have done it, yes I think about that a lot but here I am.

Now can I get Halifax for this ? 

certainly looking possible.

might it be an idea to contact halifax dept that sent the sar and ask where are the details of the previous loan please number xxx taken out date xxx.

the basic info of what you settled should be in the sar you have to enable a more detailed search by them

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks I will do that.

I’ve checked thought the SARs info again and not mention of that loan at all really strange.

I was also paying £300 a month on a Tesco loan the same time they gave it me, very silly 

@dx100uk 

I sought advice from the nation debtline web chat about going through an irresponsible lending claim,

the First Lady was brilliant giving me sections of the credit act to quote and then we got cut off.

The next two people weren’t,

the first one said I didn’t have a claim as they offered me a loan and it paid off my overdraft or something and the other one said they couldn’t help me as it was a legal matter and I would have to go through a legal team.

Not got a clue if I have a case now and what qualifies as one 

lets get our duck inline shall we first..

dx

and they

You are still missing info...

and they