TfL LEZ PCNs 10 months after the fact. Euro Parking Collection foreign vehicle.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1411 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

first time here, thanks in advance for reading and your advice.

Yesterday i received two PCN notices in the post, one for a London Low Emission Zone alleged transgression in Aug 19 and the second for same in Sept 19.

I live in XXXX (non specific euro country) the vehicle is registered here. The vehicle in question is a Volkswagen Multivan ( kind of smart Caravelle) with 6 seats plus driver.

I paid for two days ULEZ charge on 3 and 4 Aug 2019. I understood that the LEZ charge did not apply to my vehicle as it is less than 8 seats. 

The first i heard about the LEZ transgression is the letter which arrived yesterday from Euro Parking Collection ( EPC Plc). Registered address London Uk, payment bank account in German Bank.

The letter, dated 14/05/20 in Spanish, states -

If you do not respond before the 28-day period from the date of delivery of this fine, a surcharge may be issued that would increase the amount of the fine to EUR 1,784.81.  If the fine is not paid, the issuing authority may record the outstanding balance as debt and transfer the matter to a debt collector.  You have 14 days from the date of delivery of this fine to pay it with a discount of EUR 594.94.  If no payment has been made as of 28/05/20, you must pay the full amount of the fine of EUR 1,189.87.  If as of 25/06/20 you have not paid the fine or you have not appealed it, a surcharge may be issued that would increase the amount to be paid up to EUR 1,784.81.

I have two of these notices, demands totalling €3500.

A couple of things i’ve noticed at the outset - it refers to 28 days from the date of delivery of the notice for increasing the fine and also 14 days from the date of delivery of the notice to pay the reduced amount of €1189.

The normal penalty charge for a vehicle transgressing LEZ is £500 reduced to £250 within 14 days.

So i have tried to appeal with ECP using their web form which doesn’t appear to work , no email confirmation. I have tried to fax, but no success.

I have also tried the appeal process with TFL which was ‘experiencing difficulties’ so i emailed directly the Customer Services manager TfL.

i have yet to receive any replies.

edited - to amend title.

• dx100uk changed the title to TfL LEZ PCNs 10 months after the fact. Euro Parking Collection foreign vehicle.

are you resident in this country....

I suspect not!!

so Euro Parking Collection which are a mere DCA can do stuff and all to you.

safe to ignore totally

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

where is the vehicle registered as being kept,  at your current address or elsewhere?

I ask this because a limited time is given to issue a penalty charge and that is 6 months, which has passed.

If they didnt issue a ticket by then they are timed out and you owe sod all.

The company chasing you are not TfL, they are a dca, which has no authority to do anything other than beg you to pay.

Note the amount isnt the same as the original pCN, the rest is their holiday fund and we call it unicorn food tax.

i am not resident in the UK. however i do intend to drive the vehicle to the uk this year. what power do EPC have in that respect? seizure for non-payment, etc?

the vehicle is kept at the registered address. no PCNs or other correspondence have been received before these two notices yesterday. 

the two notices were sent from Sweden though the EPC is uk based.

6 months time limit on the PCN - so as EPC have dated their letter May 2020 it would appear the claims are completely null and void in any respect, whether the PCNs were justified or not.

unicorn food tax ! i did laugh at that. 😀

cheers.

Epc have zero powers.. A dca is not a BAILIFF

Forget about the pcn's

nothing even tfl can do now I suspect

Dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 3 weeks later...