Unknown vehicle registered to this address

reallymadwoman
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1423 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Over the last 6 months we have received multiple letters addressed to a person we've never heard of, all of which have been returned marked 'Not known at this address'. The person may have lived here in the past as we only moved in last November, but they're definitely not the person we bought from and the vehicle isn't the one parked on the driveway in the estate agent's photos.

When returning correspondence seemingly had no effect I 'accidentally' opened one or two which were obviously from debt collectors/private parking companies and contacted the companies direct. I also wrote to DVLA as the private parking companies were getting this address from them.

Is there anything else we can do as the flood continues - I know the return addresses so well by now that I don't even have to open the envelopes any more. We are worried that sooner or later we're going to have someone on the doorstep.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

nothing they can do..ignore.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

As dx100uk says, there's nothing they can do as you aren't the person they are writing to. 

However, you may, for peace of mind's sake, not want to just ignore them in case someone turns up on the doorstep thinking the person they want does live at your address. 

If I were you I'd reply if you get any more and tell them quite clearly you are not the person they are writing to, they are not known at this address, and you do not know them.  I'd add for good measure that you'll make a harassment complaint if they attempt to contact you again.  (I'm sure someone here knows how to do that - I don't).

You might want to check (I'm afraid I don't know how and it's not obvious from DVLA website) that DVLA have done as you asked.

By the way, you don't need to worry about "accidentally" opening the letters. 

I open all letters that come through my letter box and have the correct postal address on. 

In fact I especially open any that have the name of a person unknown to me on. 

In these days of identity fraud I want to know why a third party thinks that someone other than me lives at my address. 

Intercepting mail or opening mail with fraudulent intent can be a criminal offence, but as far as I'm concerned, once it's been correctly delivered to my address it can't be intercepted, and I have no fraudulent intent in opening it. 

Last time I did it, it was a letter from a solicitor to their client!  (They were new nearby neighbours who I didn't know). 

Unbelievable...