Been Blindly paying Link for an MBNA card debt for +10yrs finally they say can't get CCA

danart1967
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1421 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi ,

i had an old credit card debt back before 2007 and stupidly back then even though i couldnt afford it i was phoned by link

they sent me a letter saying they now owned the debt from mbna ..

. if would offer to pay £5 a month which has been going on over 10 yrs now ..

only recently i looked on facebook site (website name removed - dx) and have had some advice but somone recomended this site to make sure …

they recently last couple of yrs started saying it was a concessionary agrement of £5.00 a month and asked for expenditure forms to be filled in AGAIN WHICH I REFUSED..

they decided to cancel my direct debit but set up their own for same amount £ 5 a month saying i stil need to fil in expenditure forms but next year ..

. at that time i decided to ask for a cca request in december 2019 ,,

they ignored and then again i sent a letter in febuary 2020 which they ignored and recent emails ,,

finally may this year i decided to ask were my copy was ,

they then told me they got the request last december but could not get a copy of cca as it was too old from mbna.

. i then asked for a letter to confirm which i received this week ,,

it says yes the request was last december but they have only let me know 6 months later they couldnt get a copy of cca , and yes its unenforceble but we are still able to collect on the oustanding balance as i remeain liable...

. any help pleasewould be gratefull ..

i know even after all these years it was defaulted on my credit report now gone but if they decide to sell onto another debt purchaser am i liable or is it completly unenforceble like ive been told 

many thanks

link financila admitting no copy.pdf

• dx100uk changed the title to Been Blindly paying Link for an MBNA card debt for +10yrs finally they say can't get CCA

retitled and moved to the MBNA forum.

stop paying Plink and ignore them.

no cca = no pay!!

a DCA is NOT A BAILIFF

and have

ZERO legal powers on ANY debt no matter what it's type

shame you've been scammed out of +10yrs of giving free money to them...none of which ever went off the actually debt.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

The debt would have disappeared off your credit record years ago.

Stopping paying will cause them to look at the options they have available.  They will harass you for awhile with letters saying that it is still a debt owed, even if they cannot locate the CCA currently.  And if they do eventually obtain a copy of the MBNA CCA,  they will say that they may issue a Court claim and obtain a CCJ.   The chances are that the CCA is now not obtainable, as Banks will destroy old records after about 10 years or so,  as they don't want to pay storage costs for too long.

Yes one option is that they sell the debt to another DCA and they sell it on to another etc etc.   It can take years after stopping repayments before it is eventually written off.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

so what it's unenforceable!!

the issue here is you've been a cash cow for years...you fell for Links LIES years ago

doesnt matter IF they sell it ...they are all equally powerless scammers

and stop talking on the phone ever about any debt to ANYONE.

they LIE.

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

yes , it was cleared off my credit report a few yrs back , and they sent me finally a letter this week admitting they couldnt get copy off cca from mbna due to the age of mbna account ,, but worded it saying im still liable even thou not enforceble ill enlcose letter recieved which they took 6 months to admit

link copy cca 2.pdf

you might well be 'liable' morally in their eyes because that's how link work...they make their own rules up!!

throw the morality card OUT THE WINDOW.

all DCA's do...that's how they scam people!!

dx

and they