SPML/LMC anyone claimed for mis selling and unfair charges?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1124 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

JETLI

As I posted before you cannot under any circumstances jeapordise your sale.To get into any conflict with capstone,sppl etc at this critical time would be suicidal and could cause great delay.

In my opinion you would be doing yourself no favours thinking of people on here at present although this is appreciated and is highly commendable,you beat the eviction and have achieved a sale and have salvalaged something from the hell you have been through from the jaws of eviction.

Your only option is to send the payment to Capstone but insist that your solicitors obtain a written receipt from them stating that they are able to give you a valid receipt for your payment to sppl on behalf of sppl in full and final settlement of your mortgage account and that they are able to remove the charge from your property in favour of sppl..

You always have the option to reopen this dispute once you have settled into another place.

I have got it and will send it tomorrow - I really do appreciate all your advice and thank you from the bottom

JETLI

As I posted before you cannot under any circumstances jeapordise your sale.To get into any conflict with capstone,sppl etc at this critical time would be suicidal and could cause great delay.

In my opinion you would be doing yourself no favours thinking of people on here at present although this is appreciated and is highly commendable,you beat the eviction and have achieved a sale and have salvalaged something from the hell you have been through from the jaws of eviction.

Your only option is to send the payment to Capstone but insist that your solicitors obtain a written receipt from them stating that they are able to give you a valid receipt for your payment to sppl on behalf of sppl in full and final settlement of your mortgage account and that they are able to remove the charge from your property in favour of sppl..

You always have the option to reopen this dispute once you have settled into another place.

I will do and stay with all of you just got so confussed tonight and still am at 01.07!!!

Jetli you are understandably tired and very stressed. I know it cant be easy but do try get some rest and you will be stronger to fight another day. Stick with the guys on here I know we will all do what we can to support you.

G

Thanks to all and CARO on my other post which seemed to be bumped! I dont care you all understand and stay with me so sorry if i get silly just letting off steam - sure you all know about that! just did not expect to be 'bumped' back to my original thread but thats ok i understand and thanks to all that posted on there. Where is ryde and eno tonight?? Really think you 2 are great. Hopefully just having a relaxing evening? I hope so you deserve it. Oh and Ellen is the BEST X

Hi All

Been off-line for some time but have followed some of the comments and postings on site. I'm confused as to why we are still battling with these companies when there is evidence to show that they are legal crooks.

I was at court yesterday, I hope for the final time with these crooks trying to evict me from my home. I nearly move out completely last year because I was sure I was up for repossession. But I didn't go to court empty handed, I took information about the companies Matlock/LMC/SPML/LPL have all been involved in court hearings. I can't remember the times I been to court and I still have my house because although the DJ might not understand securitisation, he's intelligent enough to understand when something is at odds with a customer, and I certainly was displeased with my mortgage.

Some months ago I posted info on Lehman's prospectus, and I have notice the same arguments been churned over and over again, and people are becoming frustrated with information overload some of which is hard to understand especially the legal jargons.

Last year, I used the prospectus by copying some of the info and taking it to court giving the DJ a copy of my findings even Lightfoots which is a part of the whole rotten securitisation and insolvency of the companies set up to rob the UK people by selling doggy mortgagees and government by avoiding tax. It is even stated in the prospectus that overpayment by borrowers go in their kitty and not refunded to the customers.

At my hearing I complained to the DJ that I was not satistied with these companies as I believe based on the evidence provided, that my mortage was not a 'true sale' and that I believed SPML did not own my mortgage and therefore had no legal right to evict me from my home. I also stated 'unfair relations' as I started out with Matlock bank/LMC and when my interested rate change to 8% it was tranferred to SPML who have been relentless in trying to repossess the property. I also cited the consumer credit act and all that entails to try and stop the eviction order on my property.

Each time the DJ set aside the hearing to give time to redress the situation and save my home.

Yesterday another hearing with SPML/LMC/LPL and now sson to be Crapstone, brief wanted to increase my arrear repayment by £200, but the DJ agreed with me that this was unfair, as I was just about keeping up with the repayments and he saw no reason to increase it. He was smiling most of the time he spoke to their brief and I of course was very polite and respectful to the DJ who was not in favour of these legal crooks taking my home away. I now have a suspended order, so long I keep up with the payments.

He has also advised me to seek advice about over £3K litigation fees thats been added to my account and that I should seek a hearing with the court and provide evidence of unfair charges added to my account.

With the help of Littydotty and others on this side I have managed to help myself to overcome my situation of repossession. I even when to Citizen Advice and the lawyer I saw could not help me because my arrears was near on £18K and he was certain of a repossession order from the court, but Praise God I'm singing in the rain today with joy in my heart.

This site has offered me a way to help myself and it can help everyone if you use the law thats is there to protect you. Lenders has to follow a protocol by law before they can evict you from your home....they can agree to change or lengthen the term of your loan, or accept reduced payments in the short term, or add your debt to the amount you have borrowed, in fact now there are alot of advice for people having diffiticulties.

Now that I don't need to go back to court, I will be addressing the other problems I been having with these companies. I 'm now with Capstone as of April and I will be challenging their authority to collect payment from me and to refund all overpayments and unfair charges on my account.

My advice is do not give up....You can't afford to let them bring you down. I know I had so many bad days for the last 3 years when this first started, but if like me your believe that praying helps to ease your burden, then take my advice pray and seek counselling from a man of God who will pray with you and for you.. it help to ease the frustartion.

Have a blessed day...Truro.

Well done Truro. I'm pleased yesterday went well for you.

I suggest that you send a copy of the information you have to the OFT and see what they make of it.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Just spoke to Hamreen in the litigation section at Capstone. She informed me that SPML are in administration. The adminstrators being PWC! I was trying to set up a direct debit/standing order. the details she gave me were for a Barclays account. She said that it was Capstones account. When I explained that my mortgage is with SPML and that i wanted to pay them she could not give an explanation as to how the money gets to SPML other thanCapstone administer the accounts for SPMl????????

Jetli,

As you are completely stressed with being forced to move etc, you must try and avoid being enraged with trivia & posters here who fail to appreciate your discombobulated mental state is understandably quite extreme.

Your rage is generated by the thieves who forced you out of your home; so try and use that rage to do everything you can to contribute to destroying them in the future and don't waste that effort on posters being prim and tart as they fail to properly understand the state people can get in when they are thrown out of their home by these mortgage thieves.

And people just don't seem to grasp the fact that not only does eviction by these criminal mortgage lenders result in people being forced out to roam the streets as even renting is impossibly difficult under these sorts of circumstances, but family breakdown often follows too, as does the complete loss of all personal possessions because there is nowhere to put them.

So, at a stroke and on the whim of a grasping, selfish, thieving mortgage lender mis-using the law to engage in constructive fraud against homeowners, a family loses their house and all the domestic possessions collected over a lifetime - leaving that family with nothing and nowhere to live.

Charming, isn't it ?

It is screamingly immoral and nasty and quite incomprehensible that it can happen in a so called civilised society like ours which prides itself on being a 'welfare state' ; so organised to make sure that everyone can supposedly live decently.

What a joke when fraudulent mortgage lenders are allowed by the government to rob tens of thousands of people blind as well as damage the whole economy by their ruthless pursuit of their own greed !

I know from my own experience how extreme stress and the ghastly state of almost complete helplessness forced on people by the poisonous bureaucracies of the law and the State easily reduce people to incoherent, gibbering heaps.

Apply enough of the poison and the effects are the same in everyone - that's 100% of all known people, just to make it quite clear to those smug, pontificating twits who look down on others who become increasingly incapacitated by stress.

So, please do not dismiss the CAG site and ALL the posters. Even the posters who archly lecture you with no understanding of how they too could be reduced to a dis-functional, incoherent state with enough stress are usually quite helpful.

Hi Jetli and all

I am sorry I have been out of the loop for a couple of days.

I am obviously very distressed that you have been forced to sell to keep these disgusting parasites at bay and in many ways an enforced sale is not much different from enforced possession. The shock of finally packing your things away and looking for somewhere else is very hard to bear.

Other than words of comfort Jet I'm not quite sure how I could have made any practical response to your pleas. I would not, nor would anyone here I know and value, simply desert you.

If I had known you were posting and asking for advice I would have been here. We are all under extreme stress. There may be a tendency to think that we are in a safe and secure position in our own circumstances and that we therefore don't really care about others here. That is not my experience. We spend every free hour fighting the **** on behalf of our selves and others and hopefully help new posters understand what it is they have to do to fight. That won't change, at least until we get some real justice.

I'm sorry that this has hit you hard and fully understand your feelings including any you may have expressed against 'the missing' contributors, myself included.

Take care and good luck. EiE.

Keep the faith. EiE.

Capstone Mortgage 'Services' - Sub-prime garbage - unlawful behaviour/MULTIPLE consumer abuse, TOTALLY in Defiance of REGULATIONS and the law

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pubs/final/gmac_rfc.pdf

CONTACT CIB Here

http://www.insolvency.gov.uk/Complaintformcib.Htm

Kevin Hughes(Compliance Manager-main) @ 02920 380 633

Lee Jenkins(prosecuting Amany Attia) 02920 380 643

Mark Youde(accounts compliance) 02920 380 955

Charlotte Allan @ 0207 596 6108 investigating all the Lehman lenders

Jeremy Pilcher 0207 637 6231

NO KAGGA LEFT BEHIND...

"We would not seek a battle, as we are; Nor, as we are, we say we will not shun it"

Just spoke to Hamreen in the litigation section at Capstone. She informed me that SPML are in administration. The adminstrators being PWC! I was trying to set up a direct debit/standing order. the details she gave me were for a Barclays account. She said that it was Capstones account. When I explained that my mortgage is with SPML and that i wanted to pay them she could not give an explanation as to how the money gets to SPML other thanCapstone administer the accounts for SPMl????????

This statement by Hamreen has absolutely no foundation SPML are active on the Companies House register as are all members of the group.The fact that this group may be overseen by PWC is not the same as being in administration and we all know that Capstone administer collections for the various spvs they represent which are supposed to pass through the lenders accounts first but in reality now do not passing into the spv accounts directly.

Edited by actionnotwords

Well thats what I was told and the mere fact that they are shown as active on the CH site does not mean much as we know how late CH are at updating things. OR could this be another instance of Capstone employees not knowing a bleedin' thing about the compnay that employs them??! I am inclined to think that they are in administration as I have been told by Capstone! I wonder what the courts would make of the mis information that these criminals are putting out. We really ned to get to the bottom of all this. I am up for picketing outside their offices one day anyone fancy joining me

Guest MamaG1

Hi,

I am definately up for the demonstration in front of thier offices.

I do not also understand, how the Government have abiled this so called legal theives out,a nd they are still out hauting for blood from the unfortunate borrowers. there must be something else we can do. go on a demonstartion to government houses and offices on the actions of SPML in Capstone in particular. they seem to be so ruthless possibly becuase they are aon aploy to rip off the customers who are non the wiser.

Sell the house to them, Re-posses it pile on the charges and interest and then come for blood.

This is criminal and cannot be allowed to go on. ?Has any one loojked into this companies, their trends and rates or Repos since inception in 1996. No wonder only 1996. they are despirate to make greddier money at the expence of any one.

Who are also their unscupulous brokers luring pp into lending from them becasue of their huge commissions. Has any one looked into this at all. We all seat here and yes good we advise easch other, but I think we need a group approach to demonstate against this theives to some regulatory body and or the Government.

What do you all say please.

Guest MamaG1

Thanks for your responce, but I am not still clear on the regulation bit. if the agreement was not regulated does that mean it is unenforcebale. sorry I probably sound silly, but I am just not very ofay with some of the legal terms.

If not enforceble, then what do I do or write so as to to tell them to go take a hike pls.

Guest MamaG1

oh my, it is sounding gleamer than I taught, I taught this may be a way to defend me as the borrower,as they sold me an unregulated loan agreement. which may be unenforceble now that the regulations arein place. please correct me all if I am wrong.

oh my, it is sounding gleamer than I taught, I taught this may be a way to defend me as the borrower,as they sold me an unregulated loan agreement. which may be unenforceble now that the regulations arein place. please correct me all if I am wrong.

Is your loan over £25,000 and is it secured on your property?

Only loans under £25k are regulated by the Consumer Credit Act. All loans over £25K are unregulated.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Don't blame you at all for venting off your thoughts jetli. If I'd have used this site a few years ago I would have said much more. A silly question but have you tried everything... Ombudsman? If you can't afford the mortgage then it is time to walk away and get on with your life, but with revenge in mind.

You aren't alone. We are all under their thumb and will do as much as we can to help you. Post up your questions and we'll answer them, post up your moans and groans and we'll be a shoulder.

thanks, but what is the regulated or unregulated mean to a borrower pls. pls try speak in lay mans language.

Look it up under Consumer Direct. Sometimes you have to make some effort and find out for yourself as it's too much for someone to have to explain here.

thanks, but what is the regulated or unregulated mean to a borrower pls. pls try speak in lay mans language.

This article explains it.

Loophole puts borrowers at risk | This is Money