Breville kettle return to very.co.uk

gavino76
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1461 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hello. first time posting so apologies if I do or say anything wrong.  I bought a kettle from very, and the day it came the name brand badge fell off. and it was in my opinion very fragile and poor quality.

i returned it, and was charged delivery and admin fees for them to refuse and return it to me as they said they cannot find anything wrong with it.

I sent a message telling them the badge had fallen off and i wasnt happy paying £70 them something like that, and have they not noticed?? "should i glue it back on?" i asked 

during the return to me, they seemed to have chipped and cracked the plug.  

so I told them about this, and returned it again. the badge has fallen off, they have cracked and chipped the plug, but they are refusing to refund it as they say it is not eligible to refund!!!

is there anything I can do?

thanks for any replies 

gavin

Hi and Welcome to CAG

Could you confirm the date you bought the item and confirm you bought it on line ?

On a personal note I have had 4 Breville kettles all only lasted 12 months..elements...leakage....etc....now back on my trusty 7 year old Russell Hobbs.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

So you started the process in time specified within the guidance laid out within the Consumer Rights Act. and Consumer Contracts Regulations.

You are entitled to either a replacement / fix or refund.

Read here....

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/420977-faulty-item/?tab=comments#comment-5047585

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

• Andyorch changed the title to Breville kettle return to very.co.uk

• 3 weeks later...

andy, very have replied telling me they will not refund, and will hold for 6 weeks before disposing of.

If i allow the 6 weeks to elapse then send my faulty item template letter from which, where would i stand? as apparently i am only entitled to a repair or replacment.

thanks

Its explained in the link I have provided.....you are legally entitled to a refund.

https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/advice/what-do-i-do-if-i-have-a-faulty-product#how-long-do-i-have-to-return-a-faulty-product