Can't get through to cancel BT Sport, can I cancel D.D?

karel35
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1502 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

With the virus all live sport has been cancelled and I am currently paying £36 a month to BT sport for nothing, yet they are refusing to allow people to pause as sky are. I am not under contract with them, I just need to give them a months notice, the trouble is the only way they will allow you to do this is by phone and with limited staff and everyone trying to get through, my experience so far is of being cut off or after an hour still no one answering. If you can't get through, how can you cancel? 

Would I be within my rights just to cancel my D.D?

They are telling people to ring, but not answering phones, they could easily put a system online but refuse to

No...dont cancel the DD...this will only create further complications and hassle. ...keep trying by phone.

You need to give 30 days' notice to cancel BT Sport,

https://www.bt.com/products/static/terms/bt-sport.html

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-7657627/BT-Sport-slammed-making-difficult-cancel-subscriptions.html

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

I have read both links previously but if you can't get through then what are you suppose to do, so I have to keep paying for something they are not supplying and I don't want because it is in their terms and conditions to ring to give notice, yet they are not answering the phones? Ring to cancel, I've tried, no answer....BT's Fault not mine surely? They could do something to make it easier but refuse, sky did it online, took seconds. The fact they are charging for something they are not supplying should be against the law for a start

0800 800 288

0800 100 400

0800 800 150

Contact points for BT customers

• Live chat – Available via the BT live chat link from 7am-10:45pm, live chat is much faster than a back-and-forth email conversation and less daunting for some than a phone call.
  • Phone – From both landline: 0800 111 4567 and mobile: 0330 123 4567. The lines are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. The numbers are free for UK callers, but BT advise you should be at your computer when you call.
  • Twitter  @BTCare BT has a team of staff ready to respond to any queries on Twitter, available from 9am-9pm on weekdays, 8am-8pm Saturday and 8am-6am Sunday.
  • Facebook  https://www.facebook.com/BTUK/ Simply go on their Facebook page and select “Message” – they are generally pretty fast to respond.

If none of the above work then I suppose you will have to cancel the DD...but be ready for the fallout.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread