Unhappy with locum gps at surgery

Mizzycrazy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1548 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

🤬Can anybody help im at a gp surgery were iv not sin a residant gp theres ment be 1 but  rest are Locum gp's i dont want to complain if can sort another way but i dont no who i contact i did google search but i didt see any advice i want to go above the surgerys manager im not sure if its nhs id need to contact im in greater manchester area thank you 😡🤬

Because of a shortage of GPs in many parts of the country, a lot of GP surgeries have to rely on locums in order to provide any sort of service at all.  It's very common for patients to see half a dozen different GPs in as many visits.

Why are you unhappy at having to be seen by a locum?  Although it often means you have to keep telling different GPs the same thing on each visit, you would probably have to do this anyway if you kept seeing the same non-locum GP.  They all rely on your medical notes and not their memory.  The GP partners and salaried GPs at your practice won't be any better qualified than a locum.  (Or at least they won't be better qualified in any meaningful way.)

If you want to make some sort of complaint (and nothing you have posted indicates that one is justified) you will need to follow the practice's formal complaints procedure in the first instance.  Probably a written complaint to the practice manager I'm afraid.  If you don't get a satisfactory response you'll probably need to escalate it to your local NHS Clinical Commissioning Group.  They'll be responsible for the provision of GP services in your area.

EDIT:  Is it this one?  https://www.mhcc.nhs.uk/gpcomplaints/

Edited by Manxman in exile
link

Hi

I have to agree with the above post as nothing you have stated in your post indicates an issue with medical treatment just you are not happy being seen by a Locum GP which as stated most GP Surgeries tend to use these days.

If you feel this is such an issues as stated you must follow that GP Practice Complaints Procedure by putting it in writing to the Practice Manager of that specific GP Surgery.

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group