Attachment of Earnings??

hwild
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6626 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

My other half would normally be recieveing an attractive monthly salary, were it not for 3 AOE's and the CSA taking quarter of his wages (don't get me started on the CSA - that is a looooonnnng story).

We recently moved house which therefore made his outgoings increase significantly. I rang the court dealing with his AOE's and asked if there was anyway they could be reduced. The woman sent me 3 forms (1 for each AOE) and told us to put down our outgoings and income and calculate a figure which you can afford to pay. We sent them off and waited ages but eventually got a reply asking if we were applying for a consolidated AOE??

I rang the court and said that it would be fine to consolidate them as long as they were reduced, the woman said "oh i don't know about that"!!!

I'm really pissed off cos if they looked at the forms properly they would see that we can bairly afford to pay anything and it is making our lives a misery.

Any advice on this would be really appreciated! I don't know much about AOE's.

Thanks in advance,

Helen:)

DON'T KNOW IF THIS IS IN THE RIGHT FORUM EXACTLY - MOD'S FEEL FREE TO MOVE IT IF U WANT.

Halifax -

LBA sent 12/05/06 for £1,232

Make a donation

Do you have a website? Add the following code to add a link to The Consumer Action Group:

<a href="http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk"><b><font color="#FF0000" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">The Consumer Action Group</font></b></a> - <font color="#FF9900" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Reclaim your rights as a consumer and reclaim your unfair bank charges! Free site with letter templates and helpful forum.</font>

Guest Lueeze

Are they all from the CSA?

Its very very unlikely you will get a reduction on those ones as the CSA calculates 15% of the income regardless of expenditure (they will take into account other kids tho)

I dont know how it works with the court tho!

No the AOE's are different to the CSA.

He has 1 for First Response Finance (car), 1 for Speedloan Finance and 1 for Capital 1.

Halifax -

Make a donation

Do you have a website? Add the following code to add a link to The Consumer Action Group:

<a href="http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk"><b><font color="#FF0000" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">The Consumer Action Group</font></b></a> - <font color="#FF9900" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Reclaim your rights as a consumer and reclaim your unfair bank charges! Free site with letter templates and helpful forum.</font>

Guest Lueeze

Agh! I get ya now....

Sorry im totally useless to you! (I totally understand on the CSA tho...I have had consolitary payments for such poor service and total F up's)

Bloody hell - thats good of them.

I have also sent them proof of change of circumstances. They take so much off my boy'f because where he used to live they classed as 'living with parents' i.e. no council tax, tenancy agreement.

But now we have those, plus he drives 208 miles a week to and from work, plus he has his kids every weekend.

Surely they must take less off him now???:)

Halifax -

Make a donation

Guest Lueeze

Regardless of expenditure they will still take 15% you will only get a reduction if he had other kids to support.

The make a reduction for him having the kids....but if he has always had them every weekend they would have already given a reduction

My Ex pays £38 PW for my daughter but as he has her between 58/101 days a year he gets it reduced to £32.57

Oh dear thats not good news.:(

Halifax -

Make a donation

Guest Lueeze

They will prob ay to him that it is his choice to spend that amount on other things...

You see they can take that money regardless of other costs he has to cover..

So not good im afraid:-| (saying that i spose the child is the most important cost of all, in life....I would go without food so long as they could eat! so maybe they have a point)

They are useless but they are probabally taking his money correctly...just double check it..you never can tell with them!

Anyone who can answer the orig Q would be great! Lol Sorry!

Yeah we kind of went off the subject didn't we! Thanks anyway Lueeze:)

Halifax -

Make a donation

Hi - I recommend you talk to a trained debt counsellor.

They are impartial and most importantly, free!

Consumer Credit Counselling Service (CCCS) 0800 138 1111

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

I already have talked to the CCCS - they said there was nothing they could do with regards to Attachment of Earnings.:confused:

Halifax -

Make a donation

When these AOE forms have been submitted in the past, has any part of yuor expenditure been questioned?

This is by no means an exhaustive list, but the type of things I include in the income & expenditure forms I send to my creditors include......

Mortgage

Council Tax

Home Insurance

Gas

Electricity

Gas & Plumbing Cover

Water Rates

Housekeeping

TV Licence

Travelling expenses

Clothing

Life Insurance

Telephone

Sky TV

Internet access

Medical Insurance

School trips and meals

Gym / Social activities

I started another post some time back where I commented on Paragon Finance telling me I could not allow for gym membership, but that if I smoked there was certainly an allowance for this.... So that's another to add to your list!!

If you would like any further info on the amount I have always been able to claim for, please PM me. Likewise, I have a spreadsheet that is very easy to use which calculates the available funds after expenditure, and will break then down pro-rata to each creditor.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Yes he was asked to put down his expenditure for all of them when they first initiated them but my boy'f is the sort of person that when faced with debt, bury's his head in the sand and chooses to ignore it so they just decided an amount for him.

In the end i thought there must be something he could do about it so i rang the court when our circumstances changed and we had more bills to pay.:-?

Halifax -

Make a donation

It happens to the best of us....!

I think I spent at least the best part of a year counting the grains of sand :o

If you want to help him to 'help himself' then perhaps you could do the expenditure sheet and just get him to sign it...?

• Confused 1

I have - i sent all 3 (see 1st post) that is what happened. Sorry i don't think i have explained the story very well!!:oops:

Halifax -

Make a donation

That's just me being lazy again, sorry!!

Don't worry mate - any advice is appreciated!:)

Halifax -

Make a donation

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 09 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

Halifax -

Make a donation

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6626 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks