Barclays Are Ignoring me! Now what!

peakgg
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6189 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there all

I sent my letter to barclays requesting the 1900.00 i am owed from bank charges etc.

They replied with a poor offer of 800.00 which was a no deal.

So on the 17th of this month i wrote a letter before action to them saying i accept the 800.00 as a part payment and giving them 7 days to refund me in full.

Its the 27th today and i have heard nothing.

What do i do?have they called my bluff.i have no idea what to do now.i think i have to take them to court but dont know the first thing to do. Have i lost the 800.00 they offered me and should i have taken that offer?

Any help and i would be most greatfull as i want to get my money back in full as they are evil people.

Please help.

Thanks for your time

Rich

PS...When/if i get my money back i will be sure to make a donation to this site as if it wasnt for you guys i wouldnt have got this far.:)

Your next step is to start litigation. Its really not that hard and when your stuck you'll find an answer to your question here. You really need to read all of the FAQ's and Template letters - It will all start to make sense.

You should really have given them 14 days in the LBA, so maybe give them another 7 and use that time to have a good look around.

I personally wouldn't be happy with thier 50% offer - You'll get it all back in the end.

If your stuck - just ask.

Thailand

You can claim via moneyclaimonline. I assure you though you will need to read up thoroughly before doing so. You may for example decide you want to file via N1 at the county court instead - it has its plus points. You will need to know what is going in your particulars of cliam, and you'll have a host of questions that will pop up along the way Like N1 fees allocation questionare fees etc etc. If I were you I would spend alot of time reading before jumping in at the deep end. Thats just my opinion.

It only feels like that at the mo. I assure you you'll feel better when you've done a bit of reading. Take it slowly and try to enjoy it! You'll be ready in a few days. You've come this far without any probs -some people wouldn't even do that. Your doing really well - but all I can say at this point is try and read the FAQ's as much as you can until they sink in;) and relish other peoples victorys in the successes forums. Rome wasn't built in a day!:)

If filing at the county court isn't a problem for you, I personally think thats the best option, and I don't mind helping you with all your questions - its just the FAQ's are worth thier weight in gold:)

ok cool. why would filing at the county court be a problem?

im thinking i just go there,where ever it is,pick u some forms and fill them out?

whats CAG and N1 are they different ways of claiming or the same.

is mcol different as well.

OK. I hadn't said it would be a problem - quite the opposite! It is the route I would choose. As I said earlier I'm having problems linking at the mo, so I can't link you to a downloadable version (If nobody links it to you in the next 30 mins I'll try) If you don't won't to use this option you can indeed pick up an N1 claim pack from your local county court. Holly's link in post #3 will help you to fill it out. CAG = Consumer Action Group and the N1 is the relevant form for your claim.

Hope this helps.

OK. I hadn't said it would be a problem - quite the opposite! It is the route I would choose. As I said earlier I'm having problems linking at the mo, so I can't link you to a downloadable version (If nobody links it to you in the next 30 mins I'll try) If you don't won't to use this option you can indeed pick up an N1 claim pack from your local county court. Holly's link in post #3 will help you to fill it out. CAG = Consumer Action Group and the N1 is the relevant form for your claim.

Hope this helps.

Thanks mate

Well thats a bit clearer.looks like thats the best way to go.i will pop down the county court and grab the forms you have said and then try to fill them out.

im sure i will get stuck filling them out and will need as much help as poss.i hope this is ok and im not being a pest

so i just ask for a n1 claim pack?

They are at the entrance at my local court. If not just availiable just ask for an N1 pack. And I stand by what i've said, nobody minds helping - far from it, but do yourself a favour and read those FAQ's - you know it makes sense;):D

am going to read tonight,but it may take days as im a rubbish reader,i can make houses but not to good with reading,spelling and pc's

you have been a great help i will sure to be asking for help when i get the forms if thats ok..thanks again.:)

This is going to be a long thread;). I don't want you to be under any illusions about this - You won't be getting your payment in time for Chrimbo I'm afraid. Its a waiting game now. Of course you'll get help with all the forms etc... but with exemption to various things that could occur - your looking at next year for full payment. I know thats not what you wanted to hear - but you'll get the lot back - so its worth the wait. Its your money and you will get it back, but the courts are very busy because of the likes of Barclays.