Boiler Grants ECO Boiler Grant Scheme advice please.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1538 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello, I need some advice please re the ECO Boiler Grant Scheme.

I am a disabled pensioner and my boiler has broken down, heat and hot water is essential for my disability.
I telephoned my energy company E.ON and was advised I qualified for a new boiler; because my boiler was over 5 years old, had broken beyond economical repair (confirmed in writing by gas registered heating engineer quoting £2,600)

I was getting pension credit and a home owner, they arranged for a full home energy survey to be done.
The man who came just sat down and said I know you wont qualify, he did no survey, did not even take the cover off the boiler,
I showed him the estimate confirming major faults heat exchanger etc, he said that means nothing to us,

I have a book and he showed me a scale that a boiler over 5 years old must need repairs that exceed £1,900, and he said I know yours wont, he said I will list out all the major parts and add them up so worst case scenario, he said he came to 45% of £1,900,

I said I was not told any of this when I applied over the phone, he said they don’t know they are only admin.
I said so basically it could never be written off and this is a wasted call,
he then mentioned other parts saying the boiler and flue would have to be taken down and that would be a much bigger job,

I said that was the advice I was given re a repair, have no warranty and other major parts could breakdown,
I said I was managing to get it going at times playing with the pressure but very hit and miss,

I asked will they pay for the repair then?

No, you will have to pay for it all yourself,
I said we can’t afford that and would not waste it on that boiler. I went online it says the boiler has been discontinued and advise to install a more energy efficient less carbon emission boiler,

the grant criteria says must be energy less the 86%, mine is 79% so I qualify, and mine is a non condensing.

I want to appeal this decision as it makes no sense to leave a disabled person on means tested benefits with no hot water and heating.  

Welcome to the forum but first of all I have to do ask you not to post your story in a single block of text in the way that you have here.

5 minutes ago, BERLIN said:

Hello, I need some advice please re the ECO Boiler Grant Scheme. I am a disabled pensioner and my boiler has broken down, heat and hot water is essential for my disability. I telephoned my energy company E.ON and was advised I qualified for a new boiler; because my boiler was over 5 years old, had broken beyond economical repair (confirmed in writing by gas registered heating engineer quoting £2,600) I was getting pension credit and a home owner, they arranged for a full home energy survey to be done. The man who came just sat down and said I know you wont qualify, he did no survey, did not even take the cover off the boiler, I showed him the estimate confirming major faults heat exchanger etc, he said that means nothing to us, I have a book and he showed me a scale that a boiler over 5 years old must need repairs that exceed £1,900, and he said I know yours wont, he said I will list out all the major parts and add them up so worst case scenario, he said he came to 45% of £1,900, I said I was not told any of this when I applied over the phone, he said they don’t know they are only admin. I said so basically it could never be written off and this is a wasted call, he then mentioned other parts saying the boiler and flue would have to be taken down and that would be a much bigger job, I said that was the advice I was given re a repair, have no warranty and other major parts could breakdown, I said I was managing to get it going at times playing with the pressure but very hit and miss, I asked will they pay for the repair then? No, you will have to pay for it all yourself, I said we can’t afford that and would not waste it on that boiler. I went online it says the boiler has been discontinued and advise to install a more energy efficient less carbon emission boiler, the grant criteria says must be energy less the 86%, mine is 79% so I qualify, and mine is a non condensing. I want to appeal this decision as it makes no sense to leave a disabled person on means tested benefits with no hot water and heating.  

Room
It makes it very difficult for people to follow and it tends to discourage people who would otherwise be very enthusiastic about reading the story and giving you their best support and advice.

Please will you post your story properly spaced and punctuated and in a way that you would like it presented to yourself.

Thank you

• Andyorch changed the title to Boiler Grants ECO Boiler Grant Scheme advice please.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread