PC world macbookpro

Donna anram
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1556 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

On 26th jan I purchased a MacBook Pro from pcworld.  Set it up but never used as took hours and hours. 27th I try to install the security software which send you to a phishing site and as a precaution I took it to the tech desk to get it set back to factory setting as I had not used it.  29th jan I am told it’s done, I try to reinstall it and error messages keep coming up.  I call tech desk (country wide one) and he aid take it back as it is new and get it replaced.  I take it back and the tech man in the shop said he can fix it while I am there.  After an hour he says he can’t atm and asks the manager if I can have it replaced. The manager said no it’s a software problem.  The machine was fine when I took it in on the 27th, it was a precaution just to put it back to factory settings.  The tech man then says if he cannot fix it by 31sr it will need to go to Apple.  This was £1400, I have not used it except for start up setting up,  is this legally right? It was fine when I took it in, not even been used and I have no laptop? They also sold me security software they know has issues with [problematic] as the tech man on the phone told me they have had 100’s of call regarding this.  

I have and it’s in for repair again and they said if they can’t fix it it will have to go to Apple.  It went in in fine health it was a precaution I wanted it reset which is where the problems have arisen and the mackintosh hd has locked and now there seems to be other issues even though he managed to unlock this. The manager said no it’s a software problem.  I have spoken to head office and they say I am entitled to a new one under the consumer act but the store says no.  Just to add I am a polite customer, never rude etc so it’s not like I have rubbed them up the wrong way. 

• Andyorch changed the title to PC world macbookpro

Under the Consumer Rights Act you are entitled to reject the item if a defect appears in the first 30 days.  This right needs to be asserted in writing.  It is called the "short term right to reject".

Write to them now and say that you are asserting your right and you are rejecting the computer and you want a refund.  Send this message by email and letter and send a copy to the CEO as advised above.

Don't expect it be easy.  PCWorld Currys quibble about everything - but at least assert your right - and then we will advise you as to your next step