bus lane fine - Jacobs bailiff help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1571 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello 

I got a bus lane fine that dates back to over 12 months ago however, I didn’t receive the original fine from the council.

This is because I moved address and the DVLA didn’t update my address when I changed my log book.

This has caused me other issues for example, I got a fine for not taxing my car.

I got the year old fine through the door which has now been passed to Jacobs and it’s now £180.

I called them to advise it’s the first I heard of it but I will pay it in instalments.

They bates something like £58 a month and I said I checked my outgoings and I can afford £37.

They declined this I said I’ll pay £37 every month anyhow.

To date I have made 2 payments of £37 and was due to make another on Friday on payday.

I’ve come home to a letter hand delivered saying removal within 24 hours and the balance is £336!

I called Jacobs and they said although I’m making payments , they didn’t agree to the payment plan.

I rang the guy that delivered the note and asked him if he’s going to break in and he said he didn’t say that. 

The way I envisaged it going was to a judge and a judge would see it as unfair that I didn’t get the original £30 fine, I’m paying what I can afford.

From what I’ve read they can’t force entry. I just don’t want to keep paying £37 and then the £336 keeps rising. 

My friend has suggested that I pay off what is left of the £180 and speak to the council to see if they can ask Jacobs to back off now.

Please help frown.gif

if you didn't receive the original bus lane ticket then go do a statutory declaration

go read this thread and follow it carefully

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...