Mutating Corona Virus

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 484 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Labour haved forced the DHSC to release emails which include ones between Owen Patterson amd Matt Hancock about Randox. Embarrassing stuff.

WWW.MIRROR.CO.UK

The private messages, which emerged after a standards probe into Owen Paterson's lobbying for Randox, also show the MP asked Mr Hancock to...

Illegitimi non carborundum

I'm sure the civil servants did their best, UB and of course meetings, calls and so on should be documented, it's normal or should be.

As for ministers, breaching the code doesn't seem to be a huge problem at the moment as the PM is arbiter of that. I don't agree with that either fwiw.

I think it was Jolyon Maugham who commented that it always seems to be the controversial cases where the records go missing, like Lord Bethel's phone, for instance.

PM held to account by Isobel, age 7. He won't listen but well done Isobel for understanding all this and cutting to the chase.

WWW.BBC.COM

Isobel - who missed her 6th and 7th birthday parties - said she wanted Boris Johnson to "say sorry".

• Like 1

Ministers have misled Parliament over the size of the VIP lane for PPE. The Good Law Project has been given a huge data leak that shows there were more companies than they said and the value of the extra 18 contracts is nearly 1bn sterling. Shocking stuff, according to Jolyon.

GOODLAWPROJECT.ORG

Good Law Project has seen documents showing the Government misled Parliament, the National Audit Office and the High Court about the size of...

• Sad 1

I agree, TJ, but she did at least apologise. I hope she meant it.

Meanwhile, Peston says he hasn't found anyone from the SAGE and Nervtag who thinks there was scientific advice to stop self-isolation for people testing positive. The consensus is that it's political, to keep Tory backbenchers happy.

• I agree 1

Here are Will Hutton's thought on the dropping of anti-covid measures.

WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

Will the end of restrictions usher in a change in Britons’ behaviour, or will we continue to live by our own calculations of pleasure and risk?

• I agree 1

The i newspaper thinks the number of covid cases is being under-reported. I think one of the Sage/Indie Sage statisticians said numbers were likely to be higher than government figures as well.

INEWS.CO.UK

An average of 101,000 cases of coronavirus per day were recorded from January 16 to 22, according to the Government's Covid-19 dashboard. But it...

• 2 weeks later...

Hopefully it did its work and lessened your symptoms.

Case numbers and hospitalisations are going up in the UK and France, I'll be interested to see if they insist on dropping anti-Covid. I said at the beginning I thought it was premature.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 484 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks