Mutating Corona Virus

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 495 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Chaos over air bridges. I think this says it all in the Independent, talking about Boris's press conference.

'It just means that these are the countries the UK has deemed low risk. That other countries have deemed the UK extremely bloody high risk is really not a question for now. Just go away and enjoy summer safely.'

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/boris-johnson-coronavirus-briefing-summer-pubs-death-toll-a9600696.html

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/jul/03/how-uk-air-bridges-descended-into-a-coronavirus-policy-farce?utm_term=RWRpdG9yaWFsX0d1YXJkaWFuVG9kYXlVS19XZWVrZW5kLTIwMDcwNA%3D%3D&utm_source=esp&utm_medium=Email&CMP=GTUK_email&utm_campaign=GuardianTodayUK

• Like 1

Illegitimi non carborundum

I agree, charging for hospital parking when people are ill or charging relatives for visiting them is really wrong.

Charges seem to vary a lot and in my experience hospital wards can give you a token or something else to reduce the charges.

Not all hospitals charge a fortune. My mother passed away in Weston super Mare hospital a few years ago when we were with her for the two days she was there. The lovely staff did tell us about a way to pay less in parking charges - still something, but the charges were quite low at the time.

Bastille Day celebrations in France yesterday honoured care workers and people like supermarket checkout staff and some of them were invited to Paris from all over the country. There were two flypasts by the Patrouille de France, one with the normal red white and blue smoke and a second one with white smoke to honour the carers.

Carers are getting a salary increase of around £160 a month.

As you posted, TJ, I was just wondering myself how the case count compares with the UK's. But HMG have stopped publishing the figures, haven't they? Christina Pagel of Independent Sage is doing her own weekly graphs now.

Catalonia is worrying and France is already talking about possible border closure.

I don't know if it's cock up or conspiracy but it's sounding like last time when HMG decided doing nothing was the easiest option - for them.

So far Indie Sage and John Ashton haven't said anything but I'm keeping an eye on their Twitter feeds.

I remember that back in March. I wonder if Cummings ever understood herd immunity properly. Can a person be so evil that they don't care if tens of thousands of people die unnecessarily?

Here's some good news in all of this, Oxford University's Recovery programme.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/jul/26/the-observer-view-on-britains-covid-19-response-recovery

More on the quarantine confusion. Spain have provided region by region Covid numbers and pointed out that six of their regions are better off than the UK.

Airlines UK are asking for airport testing, as TJ suggested.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/jul/27/uk-extends-spain-travel-advice-holiday-islands-canary-balearics-coronavirus

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 495 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks