PPI and CCJ

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1576 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I would like some advice please. 

I did not know that I had PPI on my Capital One Credit Card and was made redundant back in 2007.  As a result of the redundancy I could not repay my loan and communicated this to the bank.  They in turn did not advice me that I had PPI that could cover the repayments until I was back in work. 

I left the country in 2013 as I had found a job in South Africa. Subsequently the debt was sold to Arrow Global Guernsey who wrote to me but I did not receive the correspondence. 

They then successfully applied for a CCJ and a Charging Order on my property. 

Upon my return to the UK I have been trying to resolve this and have requested another hearing to set aside the judgement as I was not in the country.

In the interim Capital One have acknowledged they missold PPI and refunded me about £380.  With everything that I have found out upon my return, could I not argue that had Capital One informed me of the PPI I would never have been in the position I was and not had the CCJ, etc.  and shouldn't they reimburse me more than they have had?

Any advice gratefully received as my hearing is in mid-February and want to be well prepared even though I am being informed by Arrow's attorneys that I have no prospect of success and threatening me with applying to the court to have charges and interest attached to the existing CCJ debt.

Thanks!

Hi and Welcome to CAG

How much is the judgment for ?

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Then they cant add post judgment interest or charges...as the judgment is below 5K

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

County Courts Act 1984 and Senior Courts Act 1981

The County Courts Act and Senior Courts Act entitle all claimants to include a claim for interest at 8% per annum on any debt when issuing proceedings. There is no right to this type of interest unless, and until, a claim is issued.

The same legislation also allows you to recover interest at the rate of 8% per annum on any Judgement debt in excess of £5000. There is no statutory interest on Judgment debts of less than £5000.

what defence have you filed for the original debt - that you don't owe it?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Didn't file a defence was living out of the country South Africa....default judgment