Refusal of payment

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1568 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi 

I'm self employed and undertook some work for a guy I  did a bit of PAT Testing for 3 years ago 

I stopped when he had a complaint  as I wasn't happy with it and with his unprofessional manner which involved him  trying to persuade  me to carry on without a legal requirement   which was calibrated  equipment 

However I have a few other jobs which I did for him  the same customer but different retail outlets that were signed off by the store manager  stating that they were satisfied with my work and the work was complete

The guy is refusing to pay me  it's only £950   but it's the principle  how do I write a final letter to him  before starting a small claim.?

Thank you 

Andy 

• 2 weeks later...

you head the letter as a letter before action and then you say how much money is owed and why ( so £950 for agreed PAT testing at xxxx on such snd such dates invoiced on xxth of yy 2017) and that this amount still hasnt been paid despite previous requests. Give him 14 days to either pay or state why the money is not due or you will use the small claims procedure to recover the money plus your costs and interest.