Offer From Garage not Insurer After Total Loss

m1n1me
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1626 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Our car has been written off, and were expecting the insurer (Sabre) to be in touch with an offer. Instead, the garage that has looked over the car has contacted directly and after saying that we don't want to accept the offer, are refusing to go any higher.

Am I wrong, or should this be the role of the insurance company themselves, not the garage?!

This certainly sounds very strange to me. Maybe site team member @unclebulgaria67 may have an explanation as he is very experienced in insurance matters

Some Insurers have authorized garages who inspect and value write off. 

Speak to the Insurers or Brokers to ask whether this garage is acting for the Insurers. 

Of course it is the Insurers who should deal with disputed value.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Could it be the garage was not acting for insurers but speculatively on their own account: making the offer directly to the OP as part of their own repair, resale or salvage activities?

I appreciate their offer was not initially acceptable to the OP but if it was the garage's own offer "in present condition", a factor worth considering is there would nothing on the OP's insurance claims record, thereby saving claim related increases in premiums, loss of NCD, etc for some years to come.