Missing return Very

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1611 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I received a laptop from Very just over 2 weeks ago but it was damaged when I received it.

After a long conversation with Very they arranged for me to return it - I took this back to the post office and used the return slip to send it back via royal mail 48hr tracked.

I received an automated text at the end of last week advising me that Very haven't yet received the laptop

I searched for my receipt to track the return but I cannot find it.

I have searched every where but cannot find it

I went to the post office where I returned it and they said that they cannot retrieve my tracking number for me even though I have the date and time I made the return but they could perhaps retrieve cctv footage of me making the return and to call in tonight (monday) 

Has anybody had this happen to them?

Where do you stand?

I cant imagine royal mail being very helpful as they would be liable for the missing item £700 😧 

I have yet to call Very as I am so worried at what they will say.

Thank you

mp3lover

Firstly, please would you not post up in solid blocks of text. It makes it difficult for people to follow. It's much easier when things are properly spaced and punctuated.

Secondly, without some kind of evidence that you have sent it back to them you are certainly going to have difficulty. I can't imagine Very being very helpful but before you do anything on the telephone you must read our customer services guide and implement the advice there. This is essential.

You say that the post office have the date and time that you made the return. Will they provide this to you in writing? That will certainly help.

Certainly telephone Very – having followed the advice I have given you above about our customer services guide – and then you may need to send them an SAR because there should be information about the tracking number or the label which they generated associated with your file.

I suppose it goes without saying, now – but maybe will be helpful for others – that when you send things off and especially when they are worth £700, that you look after the receipts.

By the way, I would suggest that your approach should not be to directly launch into the story of the lost parcel – but rather could they generate the label again which they sent you the first time. If they say they can then ask them if it will have the same tracking number as the original one. The whole point of this conversation that you can have with them is to get the tracking number.

Keep it very gentle. Once you have the tracking number then because it is there label on their return system than they are liable – but I suggest that you deal with that in a different conversation.

Well you had still better have the conversation with them because presumably it will have a tracking number on their file which they match up to the item.

If you are able to get the tracking number either with a polite telephone call or an SAR then although you clearly have all the right on your side, you won't have the evidence that you need – unless you can get something useful from the post office.

you can't be held liable for the loss of a faulty returned item.

you've reported it faulty and within 30days , so full refund regardless.

so don't get worried you'll have to pay for it.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...