Resolvecall

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1646 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

The problem you have is that you are not sure just which debt this is. Do you open all your post and are payplan forwarding any post they get?

I know what I would be doing and that is to write to them and say something along the lines of

I have no idea what these intrusive visits are about. My health is not good (if it is mental health say that ) and in future please refrain from visiting my property and keep all communication in writing. Once you establish what this relates to I will be in a better position to make informed decisions. 

That is just a general idea - send it Royal mail signed for (or just get a free proof of posting if money is really tight).

Remember these are just debt collectors (or at least from what I can see they are) and have no power to do anything. To be perfectly honest it might do no harm in actually talking to them just to establish what it is about but they will usually want to check name date of birth etc and I never do that over the phone.

But above all remember they have no power and although I can only talk from my one experience of Scotcall some time ago, they were decen, polite and just doing a job- we don't all have the luxury of placing morals in front of getting a job.

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .

I asked the questions because I do not know the history of the account(s) and I like many have been guilty of not reading all correspondence sent to me. Did you make the request to Payplan for information under GDPR? If that is the case they have a limited time to reply ( I think it is 28 days although they may ask for more time). 

So do you think these visits are about an Idem account?

If that is the case I really see no harm in writing to both Idem and resolve call as I outlined above. The problem is if you do not know what the debt is about you can not deal with it and are leaving yourself open to the possibility of a court claim with all the angst that comes with it. 

If you know what the debt is, you could maybe send a CCA Request (if you haven't done so already) to see if it is enforceable at that level although as I always say, there is a lot more to defending a claim than non compliance with S77-79 or an improperly executed agreement.

• Like 1

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .