Backdoor Cabot/Marlin 2005 CCJ for old BCT car finance remainder after vt . not paid since 2005!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 395 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Some harassment by telephone can be avoided. There are machines that can screen your calls to your landline - 'trueCall' etc.

Also, there are software that can screen calls to your mobile phone - 'BlackBaller' (by killermobile.com). This is 100% reliable, in my experience. You can ban withheld numbers, and specify particular numbers for instant rejection, so the caller gets instantly cut off.

If you want to record calls to your mobile - 'TotalRecall', also from killermobile.com. Not all mobiles are able to download this software, and the software isn't perfectly reliable and has it's limitations, but it very nearly always works for me. If you are relying on the TotalRecall software to record ALL your calls - don't.

If you have a number that continues to call you, that you don't recognise - 'whocallsme.com'.

I suppose, though, the best approach would be to change your number with them before you attempt any action etc. Halifax have ignored my formal requests for them to stop calling me up to 7 times a day. It's not right, but they do because the laws are vague if they believe (and would convince a court) that you actually owe them money. But, I put pay to them! :D Yay!

Edited by iddles10

because Harassment Laws allow them to continue to contact you if they are chasing a debt,

really?

what law is that, the law unto themselves.

fire off the letter they are NOT allowed to harrass you!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I have had no response to my last letter, but worrilingly I have a letter from them saying as they are going to instruct their client to start bankruptcy proceddings against my O/H.

What would be the best way to play it now?

Thanks

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/582-possible-letter-when-a-questionable-agreementapplication-is-sent

However that is only a possible letter to send, IMHO I would withhold all future payments to them, as they have failed to produce a legally enforceable document.

They can huff and puff all they like, but until they do, then you can legally withhold payment. I wouldn't waste my time telling them, let them wind themselves up over it, just ignore them.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Yes they should send you the T&C's, I've asked another member to have a quick look and give their opinion, should be along shortly;)

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

they should send the t and c's and statement too but that in itself would not render the agreement unenforcable.

the prescriber terms on the agreement and it does refer to the t and c's and presume all the letters with be numbered.

you can certainly write back and ask for the terms and conditions but the agreement itself would be enforceable

ida x

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

• 4 weeks later...

I'm sure it's 40 days from the day you send it - and that's 40 working days.

:)I am not an expert, but I can give good advice about Brighthouse:)

Am learning more and more about DCA's too :)

I have no legal experience and all advice given is based on the knowledge I've gained from this site.

<------If you think I have been helpful, please feel free to tip my scales - remember to put your CAG name though!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Right, they have finally sent all the paperwork (about 60 pages).

Just had a quick look and some of the figures:

Opening Balance: 10,157.90

Total Payments made: £5,515.96

Total Charges: £1562.42

They have also sent all the paperwork for the Broker Commission and how much he was paid for the deal- £1341.66.

What would be the best course of action now?

Thanks in advance

JJ

Anyone please

Hi, just found out about it, didn't get any paperwork when we signed up for the car.

Thanks

Through reading other post, we should of been told about any broker fees otherwise it makes the agreement invalid.

Is this true or have I read wrong?

Thanks

JJ

Edited by dx100uk
merge