Dubai debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1706 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I was working in dubai and i left due to personal issues.

I left debt will anything happen now i am back in the UK ?

Or if i want to go on holiday to the USA?

Also my employer has contacted me asking me for my passport and Emirates ID to be handed in to their UK office, do i have to give them my passport? 

thanks 

No dont give them your passport. Its yours, if you are already in the UK then no need to worry.

Might get a letter from Morarity Law etc but not much will happen.

How much did you leave?

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

You should write (post letters and not emails) to Dubai Banks simply providing your UK address, saying that due to personal circumstances you are now resident in the UK and they can send any communications to the UK address.

In the letters don't admit to owing any debt, as you don't need to confirm that and at some stage in the future, the letter might be used to evidence that you admitted to owing a debt.

Dubai I think has a 10 year limtations period for personal debts, so it is possible for the Dubai Bank or the debt owner to enforce the debt in a Court 10 years from the last date of repayment or written admission that you owe the debt.

A UK Court may hear a foreign debt case, so don't ignore threats from a UK Solicitors acting for the Dubai Bank, that they will be issuing a UK Court claim. If you receive such a letter, you need to take action and should ask for advice.

What are your current financial circumstances ?  Could you negotiate a full and final settlement of the Dubai debts ?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

On 13/10/2019 at 12:16, Gaj30 said:

I was working in dubai and i left due to personal issues.

I left debt will anything happen now i am back in the UK ?

Or if i want to go on holiday to the USA?

Also my employer has contacted me asking me for my passport and Emirates ID to be handed in to their UK office, do i have to give them my passport? 

thanks 

See advice above but worth noting do NOT of course set foot there again (at least whilst this is still owing) as if they file a police case you'll be arrested at the airport.  Same if you transit through, so worth keeping that in mind.

24 minutes ago, Gaj30 said:

Can i still visit the US on vacation? 

Why would you think you could not do so ?

Visits to US are subject to US entry rules.

If you have a debt owing in an Islamic country such as Saudi Arabia, UAE, they have some court registration system, which may mean that it is noted when you attempted to visit a Middle Eastern country . You may then be stopped at the border and possibly detained while the debt issue is dealt with.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

17 hours ago, Gaj30 said:

Can i still visit the US on vacation? 

Of course, you can visit anywhere except gulf countries, make sure any flights you take do not have connections in gulf countries either.... avoid them until it is resolved.