CCA reply from LINK for a CO-OP credit card debt

Gator
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1671 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Have being as advised to move these details of my CO-OP credit card debt to this forum

The CO-OP debt is now with LINK and below are the details to date.

CO-OP (C/Card) £3,330

Have a default notice from CO-OP dated 11 May 2011
DMP  cancelled with Stepchange
June 2019

CCA sent to Link on 13/5/2019

NEW Update: 4th Oct 2019

Link have eventually sent a reply dated the 26/9/19 to my CCA request from 13/5/19, which supplied documentation in the form of a photocopy of the CO-OP Credit agreement plus a letter saying that therefore the account is enforceable.

Also enclosed was an account summary stating that a current balance of £3305.35 is outstanding, payable immediately and for me to contact them to arrange a payment?

I have checked various credit reports on Experian/Equifax/TransUnion

(i.e. Experian/Clearscore/Credit Karma) and no CO-OP amounts or account show, only that of a LINK entry showing a default on the 31st Oct 2013 and on further investigation it shows that the CO-OP account was marked as settled on the 5th Sept 2013 on Experian, with an open LINK account on TransUnion showing a default of £3459 dated 31st Oct 2013 and Equifax showing the LINK account closed with a balance of £3459? As the 6 year mark is fast approaching, these entries should I believe disappear with regard to all the LINK entries.

LINK as mentioned are requesting I get in contact and arrange to pay them the £3305.35 amount owed to them, but as the debt was incurred with the CO-OP back in February 1999 and the CO-OP have since marked as settled.

Is it possible that LINK can claim ownership of this debt, which they had taken over from the CO-OP and was then defaulted by LINK back in 2013?

As the original agreement I signed was with the CO-OP not LINK

Do LINK have any case to enforce?....and also what is the best action I should take?

To assist with advice I have also uploaded the documentation recently sent from LINK.

LINK_COOP_CCA_reply.pdf

that's an application form devoid of most of the reqiured prescribed terms

and also no T&C's

bogroll.

as for the credit file as explained before

when an ON sells a debt on they will mark it as £0 settled and default you, issuing a defauly notice

either the debt buyer will add their own entry [as in this case] or takeover the original entry.

either way they cant change the defaulted date.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi

Thanks for your quick reply!

As you stated this application form that they have returned from  my CCA is worthless?

Question is could it possibly be used in any way to enforce the debt?

Plus yes they have certainly changed the default date, adding on over 2 years, but as six years expires this month, does that have any impact?

Finally should I now do anything, or just wait and see?

All help appreciated

Regards

Gator

let it run.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...