Default Notice Query

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1687 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello All

Have been looking at other threads regarding default notices and just needed some further advice. 

In summary, I opened 2 Shop Direct Accounts (Littlewoods and Very) around 2010. I was maintaining my accounts until late 2011 when I feel into financial difficulties. I had a debt management plan in December 2011 and maintained payments until about June 2015 when there was another dip in my finances. 

Whilst I was on a debt management plan the Very account was purchased by Arrow Global Ltd in December 2012 and the Littlewoods account purchased by them in August 2013. 

Around Marc/April 2018 when I was trying to get a grip with my finances I noticed that a default had been registered on both account in 2015. This confused me as I thought that there was default registered on them both in 2011 shortly before my Debt Management Plan was set up. 

I don’t remember receiving a default notice from Arrow Global Ltd, but it could be that I did but didn’t pay any attention to it. 

I did complain to the Ombudsman about the default date, but received a response from the Ombudsman in November 2018 not upholding my complaint stating that when Arrow Global Ltd purchased the accounts there was no default and that a default was only registered after they did not receive any payments. 

I saw in another thread that a poster had said that a default could only be registered by the original creditor. 

Therefore, my question is were Arrow Global Ltd entitled to register a default on these accounts?

Send  Data Subject Access Request to Littlewoods/Very and see if there was a default in 2011...there should have been if 3 or more reduced payment were made.Sometimes also when you enter into a DMP the default Marker can be suspended.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Ok I will send a SAR

From the Ombudsman’s own investigation apparently no default was registered in 2011.

There was apparently debt management markers on my account when purchased by Arrow Global Ltd and the Ombudsman didn’t feel it would be reasonable for the default date to be amended to 2011 as Arrow Global Ltd didn’t own the account at the time. 

debt buyer cant register a default notice

so get that data from shop direct and prove one should have been made/was.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

in 2011 the guidelines by the ICO had not changed, that didn't happen till 2014

so SD should have issued a default notice at the 3rd missed/short payment.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...