MOT

Lecter
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1703 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My car just failed its MOT, I know it regularly happens from time to time but now my car is in a right mess.

I took it to Derek Linch (mot & service) Romney Marsh, as I'm working away, the car failed on excessive corrosion, but he admitted he put a corrective tool on it after I said "you smashed that with a hammer" it also needs a new anti-roll pin.

I then took it to another garage nearby who told me Linch is a well known problem place !! Anyway this garage looks at it, Ive been away on holiday and came back today to a quote of £2517.83 for new pin and 2 x inner seal panels  and 2 x outer seals !!??

I also note the brakes have completely failed when they were ok when I dropped the car off.

Tomorrow I get another garage to look at it ( a workmate recommended) and after speaking to the fella I'm much happier.

What can I do about the mess created by D.Linch ?

Every MOT done on my car the last 8 years , no-one has ever even given me advisories regards rust

so how can it be that Linch can make proper holes in the seals,

my instinct says he was expecting to get the work himself.

Sill for heavens sake, Sill, as in window, two would be sills.

Seals play and bask on the beach and you wouldn't want holes in them.

😁

H

44 years at the pointy end of the motor trade. :eek:

GARUDALINUX.ORG

Garuda Linux comes with a variety of desktop environments like KDE, GNOME, Cinnamon, XFCE, LXQt-kwin, Wayfire, Qtile, i3wm and Sway to choose from.