Brachers solicitors re: Amex cc debt

Tinkmoon
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1696 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I have a thread running in the debt management section about my overall situation. 

I now need some advice about my Amex situation.

I defaulted on my Amex about a month ago after a couple of months of non payment.

Amex opened in 2014

£9500 debt on it 

First I had AIC chasing me. I ignored all communication.

Today I had an email from Brachers solicitors.

I’ve immediately been googling and it seems these are legitimately solicitors that work for Amex not some dca.

Every mention of them in a forum seems to be about an actual court case and I read something (although it was from 2005) saying that they are very litigious and known for doing statuary demands!

So I’m pretty nervous about this development.

i guess this is not something to be ignore unlike AIC.

So questions-

Are Brachers solicitors something serious  I need to worry about? Unlike DCAs 

Does it seem like Amex are preparing to take legal action against me? (Everything I read said Amex rarely do this so wondering why they have picked me?!)

Is a Statuary Demand likely to come? (I read all about ccjs before but had no idea this was even a possibility until I googled Brachers)

What should I do now? They asked for a phone call but I know not to do that.

What letter should I send and should I send it to them or Amex?

should I try and setup a payment plan?

I guess there is not much sense in a CCA request as it’s only from 2014

I have a 3 month old baby.

My personal income is 0 and my partner is currently out of work with mental health issues.

I do own a property (with a mortgage).

I can’t afford much but could scrape together something for a monthly payment to them.

Any advice appreciated.

What does the email state ?

Are you yet to receive anything like the following....?

We have had no court claims since 2015 and that fizzled out with settlement

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/381610-amex-corp-card-brachers-claim-form-received/?tab=comments#comment-4574051

And Stat Demands are out of fashion since the limit was raised to £5K and is frowned upon by the courts as a Debt collection tool.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Thanks Andy.

No content in the email apart from please ring us. It has been my googling of Brachers for past dealings that has lead me to think all of this. 

Is is it an usual to be contacted by them? 

I got a letter in the post today saying “that your account referenced above has been referred to us by American Express services to assist resolving the outstanding balance”

They go on to ask for an immediate payment or if I can’t to contact the team to find a solution.

i can also log into a website and do an income and expenditure review. 

Any advice as to what to do next?

Are these guys different to a normal DCA?

They are Solicitor not a DCA as far as I'm aware......give them a ring and see what they propose.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread