Investment Bond not defaulting on dividend payments

jacobina
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1733 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I came into a small inheritance which I wanted to invest and gain a regular income.    The company I chose offered a good rate with quarterly payments over a two year period (bond).   On research the company had a good track record.    The first two payments were paid on time, the third payment was made a month late and the fourth payment remains unpaid.    The company say they will pay the June/Sept/dec 2019 payments in December.      However,  phone calls have gone unreturned and a meeting cancelled the day before, I have now written to them requesting my funds back as they have broken the contract they have with me.   The date on that letter for payment to my bank in full has just expired.   There is an insurance policy held by the company.

Also, I was introduced to this investment by a broker.    What to do now?

any advice would be appreciated.

Thread move dto the appropriate forum ..please continue to post here to your thread.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

the broker will have insurance to ceover them so I woudl start off by asking them to explain themselves.

Now most bonds guarantee to pay out the scrip before they have to pay anyone else so no paypuit will generally mean the company has gone belly yp.

If it was a reputable firm in the first place you would ahve received notice of this and again that points at the broker and their requirement to show due diligence.

You can name names of just go straight to the FCA and see what they say abouit protection of your interests

Thankyou.  The broker said they had carried out due diligence at the time and I checked companies house.   The broker also said an insurance is in place to protect investors.

however, the broker is now doubtful that the insurance is legitimate 😩.  Do I have a claim against the broker?    Also will the FCA assist although the company is not covered by their ‘guarantee’.   It is a British company and a uk citizen.   I do not want to name and shame As do not want to hinder what may well become a court case. 

FCA will assist if the broker is legit and may take action if they arent so a plus plus there but they are VERY slow at starting to do anything.

Brokenr will obviously tell you anythg to get out of paying you back so take what they say with a pinch of salt and dont commit to agreeing anything with them