Anytime Fitness

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1722 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I signed up for a membership for Anytime Fitness & never went.

After two months I wrote a letter cancelling my membership & so paid for 3 months membership to give them a months notice.

After a month they began sending me messages & emails saying my account is in arrears.

I telephoned the gym & explained I had cancelled my membership.

I was told in a very unmannerly way that I was not allowed to leave the club for a year.

I refused to pay any further payments, I don’t like their gym & I don’t want to be forced to use it or pay for something I have no intention of going to.

I have now been told it’s been passed onto a credit control agency.

Can anyone help please??

Thanks   

Ignore them

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi Angel and welcome to CAG

1. So do you think you may have signed a 12 month agreement without realising.

2. Have you checked any paperwork you have, or did you discuss the issue of minimum m/ship period when you called the gym.

3. Has any DCA tried to contact you yet - if so, who are they.

In any event, do not call the gym again for any reason. And if any Admin Company or DCA calls you, simply hang up.

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

I received a letter from ccs collect for £353.50 😮 

I don’t remember signing a 12 month agreement. But I literately went for the first induction to show me how to use the machines & was supposed to go back to begin a program & never went back. Hence cancelling a membership I didn’t use.

I’ve looked through my emails & I can’t find any information regarding an agreement. Thanks 

Can you tell us the gym location.

Have a look at their sign-up page and see if this helps you remember what you may have signed up to.

The gym I looked at has not rolling monthly agreement showing so I assume you joined for 6 or 12 months. The monthly fee differs depending on your choice.

In any event, just ignore the demands for now and don't reply in any manner.

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Hereford Anytime fitness. Nothing on the site explains a contract it's just selling itself. I absolutely have not attended after the initial sign up, except for the first introduction. Is it right that an establishment can bully someone in this manner, especially as they claim to be encouraging & nurturing in the selling point of people’s wellbeing? 

yes because 1000's of people believe a DCA is a bailiff and they are not

and that penalty charges are lawful, they are not, so blindly cough up...

worth a few letters / free emails to try it on

pays for the staff drinks down the pub that night with free money.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Yep

and they

Just to give balanced opinion on this, you signed a gym agreement and agreed to pay m/ship fees for whatever period - monthly, 6 months or 12 months. You attended the induction but chose not to attend thereafter.

You choice to NOT use the gym after that is irrelevant. You should have cancelled in the manner set out in the m/ship T&C's that you signed when joining.

If you received nothing after joining, you could have chased this up so you had the necessary paperwork.

See here for a Guide to cancelling properly as it may help you avoid trouble in the future - https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/383678-cancelling-your-gym-agreement-get-it-right/

Having said this, the gym and their admin people normally do nothing if you ignore them, hence DX's advice to ignore

😎

• 2 weeks later...

you've been on CAG almost 2yrs now

part of CAG is self help

which means read like topics

they don't do court

gym debts don't show on credit files

and they