Is letting agency legally obliged to show me copy of the inspection report?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1765 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi 

I am about to move out of a property, and we have had ongoing disputes with the letting agent and landlord. Both have told lies about us, so as you can imagine we want to see a copy of the inspection report to make sure it's accurate before we leave to ensure that that there are no further lies! When the inspector came to the house, he found no issues and said as much. 

I'll give you two examples of the issues, we've had 2 break-ins whilst living here (it's rife in the area) and both times reported to the police and the letting agent who came to take photos of the damage. The agency have now said there was no record of this or any damage found. (weird!) We also have a dog, which we were allowed to have and declared at the beginning the tenancy and they're now saying she is unauthorised. This is because we've had an ongoing dispute with the landlord about noise disruption and compensation, which he agreed to pay, then revoked, so the agency are clearly now trying to create some kind of case against us. 

They are now refusing to show us the report, which suggests that next there'll be a lie about damage at the property. I have requested the report 4 times in writing and they have ignored us. 

Are they legally obliged to show us? 

Thanks in advance 

the report belongs to the person who commissioned it so the answer is no.

however, it will contain your personal data so you will be able to ask for it if they then rely on it for claiming you are responsible for damage.

Do you have a cpy fo the condition report from when you moved in? If you have the that makes it easier to challenge andassertions the LL makes based on changes between the 2 reports but what I would do is take decent pictures of everything in the house and that includes all of the marks that were there before any new ones etc but also things like light switches, curtain rails, door knobs, cupboard door handles etc you name it, it gets photographed. also get some general views of each and every room from different positions.

51 minutes ago, ericsbrother said:

the report belongs to the person who commissioned it so the answer is no.

however, it will contain your personal data so you will be able to ask for it if they then rely on it for claiming you are responsible for damage.

Do you have a cpy fo the condition report from when you moved in? If you have the that makes it easier to challenge andassertions the LL makes based on changes between the 2 reports but what I would do is take decent pictures of everything in the house and that includes all of the marks that were there before any new ones etc but also things like light switches, curtain rails, door knobs, cupboard door handles etc you name it, it gets photographed. also get some general views of each and every room from different positions.

Hi 

We actually had loads of things wrong when we moved in that they never fixed, damp, dodgy door handles, broken locks etc. It was also filthy and we had to get a professional cleaner to sort it as the landlord wouldn't. We have all this on email so proof of what we've reported etc.