IB to ESA Refund & OCCUPATIONAL PENSION

clarion48
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1744 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi.....

Towards the end of last year I was sent an ESA3 by the DWP with a letter explaining that I might be owed money from when I was transitioned from IB to ESA....they stated the dates from 2013.

At the time I didn't respond because I thought I was exempt because of an occupational pension but the DWP telephoned me in the New Year - the lady said I should still apply as it wasn't necessarily the case that my pension would make me exempt. I filled out the form and sent it back. In the meantime, I read up on other cases and believe that my pension should not be counted as I was in receipt of it prior to conversion so it was disregarded. I receive some HB and on this form each year they state that I receive Enhanced Disability Premium - I do not and never have done to my knowledge.

18 weeks after submitting the ESa3 form I finally get a letter from the DWP telling me I am not entitled to the back dated monies - when I looked through the paperwork they sent I found that they have included my occupational pension as income that should be taken away from anything I am entitled to even though it should be disregarded and has always been disregarded.

I then received a second letter which says I would have been entitled to a transitional addition since being moved from IB on the grounds of disability and they will credit my NI contributions - totally confused! 

It it says that I can apply for Mandatory Reconsideration - I am just outside the time frame for this but have been receiving treatment for cancer so I think I have extenuating circumstances.

Would very much appreciate any advice on what to write please.

• dx100uk changed the title to IB to ESA Refund & OCCUPATIONAL PENSION

That was why you were sent the Ea3 to see if you were missing out in the IR entitlement! As people who were converted to EsA were never considered for the IR elements when converted and possibly missed out on extra premiums that they could have potentially been entitled to. 

https://www.turn2us.org.uk/About-Us/News/Has-your-ESA-been-underpaid

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, anmarj said:

That was why you were sent the Ea3 to see if you were missing out in the IR entitlement! As people who were converted to EsA were never considered for the IR elements when converted and possibly missed out on extra premiums that they could have potentially been entitled to. 

https://www.turn2us.org.uk/About-Us/News/Has-your-ESA-been-underpaid

Yes, I am already aware of that anmarj! 

20 hours ago, lenny100 said:

the problem is we dont know the rules as they are always changing them or keeping them secret.

Not helpful lenny100!