Employer deducting Employers NIC from my wages

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1705 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Heloo- I am employed by an agency , who I work for , 40 hrs week. ( Have done for over two yrs ) They contract me to another company . I see on my wages receipt they are deducting Employers NIC ( £49.77 a week ) are they having a giraffe ? This was pointed out to me by my partner .  Q

are you by any chance on umbrella company arrangements? 

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

22 hours ago, Emmzzi said:

are you by any chance on umbrella company arrangements? 

I would say not mate, this payrole company simply operates the staff pay. My contract is with them but I work full time for the actual operator. Q

I could be wrong, but some of my payslips have shown employer's NI but didn't deduct it from my salary. I assume you've checked whether this NI has been deducted from what you're being paid?

If that doesn't work, you possibly need to speak to the payroll bureau or the agency.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

43 minutes ago, honeybee13 said:

I could be wrong, but some of my payslips have shown employer's NI but didn't deduct it from my salary. I assume you've checked whether this NI has been deducted from what you're being paid?

If that doesn't work, you possibly need to speak to the payroll bureau or the agency.

HB

Hi Bee, definately been deducted and have already emailed them detailing my concerns , wanted a view from others as this may be prevalent in such employment cases by wages companies. Q

1 hour ago, Qhriss said:

I would say not mate, this payrole company simply operates the staff pay. My contract is with them but I work full time for the actual operator. Q

My advice would be to check your contract with the agency mate. Sounds like standard umbrella to me. 

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

• 2 weeks later...
On 04/08/2019 at 17:29, Emmzzi said:

My advice would be to check your contract with the agency mate. Sounds like standard umbrella to me. 

Thankyou mate, already sent emails and in touch with HMRC, Q

You're almost definitely a contractor working under an Umbrella Company from the sounds of things. This is a pretty standard arrangement. Your contract is with Payroll company X but you work at the location of Company Y.

Under that kind of scenario you are liable to pay both Employer and Employee NIC.

Edited by MaxxPower

• 1 month later...