CPP/PE ANPR PCN - University Hospital Car Park Coventry **CANC'D After MP Got involved**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1762 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just got home far later than expected and very grateful for the further advice and more that has been added.

I will form a focusing response and have it in the post tomorrow, possibly also some further approach given some of what I have just quickly read here.

Brassnecked and Lookinforinfo - the PE/PCC reassurance is most appreciated, thanks! Won't waste any time on them.

Manxman - Thanks for the further words, and for troubling to check. I am very familiar with that link from frequent use on the way to various Hosp and Trust pages at different times. It drills down - amongst other things - to the hospital's address and ultimately contact info for PALS there with whom I am already dealing (!) of course. Also, Re admin. -  already explored, there's a parking-office in the building .. have visited, manned by two jobsworths in rotation: "You'll need to take it up with Senior Admin." I already did of course, and have been ignored from the outset thereby generating all this kerfuffle

hospitals always have a well paid "Estates manager" responsible for all of the buildings, contractors, making dodgy deals over bacon sandwiches or on the golf course etc. they will be above the  parking office/security etc so worth finding out their name and phoning them.

You must not let this slide or they will just decide to do nothing as it is too late in their eyes, ie PE will moan about spending money on threatograms they wouldnt have sent out if they got a bo**ocking earlier.

• 2 weeks later...

Update:

A couple of weeks further along, and the charge has now been cancelled. In that regard alone the outcome is acceptable.

In the interim ... 

There have been additional demands from CPP/PE in the most glorious and laughable obfuscated prose/legalese

I have pressured PALS

I have chased past correspondence

I have contacted other Execs

I have involved my MP who has now acted

I had primed the local newspaper who was planning a piece this week

However ...

- PALS didn't respond until I complained in person after almost 2 silent weeks; then promised to help and a couple of days after that advised that the Hosp had said thye had no authority over the Parking Co. I told them the hosp had told them wrong, explained why and pressed them to go back ... since when I have heard nothing despite chasing them.

- UHCW Trust Estates & Facilities Dir. is yet to respond, though contact was *only* a week ago.

- UHCW CEO/Chief Administrator has never acknowledged/replied-to any of my letters/chases.

- UHCW CEO/Chief Admin reacted immediately to MP letter however by passing it and my correspondence to Estates and Facilities Dir to deal with, who in turn replied to MP with cancellation, who yesterday copied that to me for confirmation received this morning.

Passing thoughts ...

- People who could/should have been dealing with it for the injured party elected not to.

- PALS has good intentions but is useless if they don't have a leaflet on it - will follow the Hosp line on everything else without questioning their words.

- The Trust's Administration is not approach-friendly, in this instance stating "... car parking managed by a Private Finance Initiative Service Provider"  and that therefore  ".. Trust has no power ...  in the processes applied by CPP .." Oh, really?! 

- Trust accepted CPP's word that the equip't was not faulty as claimed, not the rather more reliable word of a visitor having been put to considerable inconvenience at 5 a.m.and who went to some length with staff to deal with it instead of buggering off home.

- CPP "have agreed (to cancel) as a gesture of good will." WHAT?! THEIR good will? THEY are willing to let MY failings pass and kindly make allowances? Couldn't be more self-delusionarily wrong!

Sadly, I can guarantee that what is actually important in all of this will not get any attention

- providing an alternative payment method for patients/visitors for when the equipment malfunctions ... at any time not just the wee-hours ...  and tell staff ...  and put notices up.

- UHCW taking any notice of their culpability in CPP's unlawful breaching of GDPR in accessing keeper details now that it has been brought to their attention. Head In Sand.

All of this comes of course from pulling-up the drawbridge and deny, deny, deny. It is the knee-jerk response of almost all large organisations, but one for which there should be no place in a Hospital Trust that should strongly want to distance itself from uncaring attitudes and irresponsible practises.

Anyway ...

Anyone finding this because of a similar issue of their own, my strongest advice is to heed the advice given to you on this forum - it put me straight on to the right path and got rid of some nervous uncertainties which makes all the difference to peace of mind, something that CPP relies on to add pressure for those who aren't aware of what's what.

My thanks again to all who kindly helped.

• Like 1

Hospital car parks are no place to employ sharks, at least in Wales Hospital parking is free, and PPCs verboten.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

• dx100uk changed the title to CPP/PE ANPR PCN - University Hospital Car Park Coventry **CANC'D After MP Got involved**

If you are a nice person (I'm sure you are) I'd take this opportunity to point out to the trust that this presents them with a learning opportunity to put better processes and training in place.

But if you wanted to put the boot in...(1) I'd tell them it's totally unacceptable that management ignored your complaint until you involved your MP, and (2) how are they going to set about ensuring that all the other wrongfully issued tickets that early morning will be cancelled?  That second point is the sort of thing your local rag would love to know about!

But you're a nicer person than I am...

I'll leave it up to you to decide!

you can still apply pressure on them by asking for info as a FOI request and when you do so you refer to things that cover your earlier letter writing so for example, how ling does it take the Estates dept to respond to letters and how many letters fro the public has it had in the last year and what was the maxiumum and munimum time taken to respond.

You can whack in a complaint to the trust exec and say that the hospital failed to follow the times given to deal with the comaplints under the govt charter etc and ask why this is and whn are you going to get a formal response.

they will have lied to your MP as well but as they dot know the ful story they will be happy they have helped a constituent so wont push for the truth